AVI read

Fadi Chakik
Hello,

I changed my computer to a new one where I have windows vista home premium installed as operating system. I downloaded opencv 1.1 pre a and installed it. I'm now unable to read avi videos which I was using before changing my computer. I can see that the uncompressed avi videos (having huge size) can be read, others no. Similarly, some .jpg images could not be loaded. If I edit the jpg images on the new machine using paint and save them as jpg on the new machine, the images would be loaded and this works!

Any suggestion about what is the problem with the avi videos and how to solve it?

I have windows vista premium home with 64bit.

Thanks a lot,
-Fadi