Antwort: Re: Is there a database of common camera parameters anywhere?

Antwort: Re: Is there a database of common camera parameters anywhere?

S.Roeber
Hi,
Cassandra is a tool that does this job very easy: http://www.cassandra-vision.com/feature/choose-multiple-image-sources

Hella Aglaia Mobile Vision GmbH
Steffen Roeber
Firmware & Tools
Treskowstr. 14, D-13089 Berlin
Geschäftsführer: Kay Talmi

Fon:  +49 30 200 04 29– 412
Fax:  +49 30 200 04 29– 109
Mail: [hidden email]

Dieses Dokument ist vertraulich zu behandeln. Die Weitergabe sowie Vervielfältigung, Verwertung und Mitteilung seines Inhalts ist nur mit unserer ausdrücklichen Genehmigung gestattet. Alle Rechte vorbehalten, insbesondere für den Fall der Schutzrechtsanmeldung.
This document has to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.

Von:        "opencv-users mailing list [via opencv-users]" <[hidden email]>
An:        "S.Roeber" <[hidden email]>,
Datum:        29.04.2015 03:04
Betreff:        Re: Is there a database of common camera parameters anywhere?

Hi Alex,

I ran into some of the same issues.  I'm not aware of a camera calibration database, but this seems like an obvious need.  If you find one, please post back.  Perhaps an ad-hoc one could be started by simply posting matrices for various models on the OpenCV forum.

The lack of repeatability and documentation of the OpenCV camera calibration program can be a bit frustrating.  I searched around and found something better:

APRIL Laboratory APRIL Papers : Autonomy * Perception * Robotics * Interfaces * Learning
http://april.eecs.umich.edu/papers/details.php?name=richardson2013iros

APRIL Laboratory APRIL Papers : Autonomy * Perception * Robotics * Interfaces * Learning
http://april.eecs.umich.edu/papers/details.php?name=richardson2013iros Abstract Reliable and accurate camera calibration usually requires an expert intuition to reliably constrain all of the parameters in the camera model.

View on april.eecs.umich.edu
http://april.eecs.umich.edu/papers/details.php?name=richardson2013iros
Preview by Yahoo

It guides you visually on how to hold the calibration pattern, then produces better and more repeatable results.  It's written in Java and works with local cameras as is.  I got it to work with IP cameras by modifying the ffplay utility to send video to AprilCal.

Hope this helps.

Jim

http://opencv-users.1802565.n2.nabble.com/Is-there-a-database-of-common-camera-parameters-anywhere-tp7491545p7585429.html
To start a new topic under opencv-users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from opencv-users,
click here.
NAML