Antwort: new to open cv help please

S.Roeber
int main( int argc, char** argv )

is the default function of each C/C++ program and is called by the operating system if the application starts

Hella Aglaia Mobile Vision GmbH
Steffen Roeber
Firmware & Tools
Treskowstr. 14, D-13089 Berlin
Geschäftsführer: Kay Talmi

Fon:  +49 30 200 04 29– 412
Fax:  +49 30 200 04 29– 109
Mail: [hidden email]

Dieses Dokument ist vertraulich zu behandeln. Die Weitergabe sowie Vervielfältigung, Verwertung und Mitteilung seines Inhalts ist nur mit unserer ausdrücklichen Genehmigung gestattet. Alle Rechte vorbehalten, insbesondere für den Fall der Schutzrechtsanmeldung.
This document has to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.

Von:        "sarmad [via opencv-users]" <[hidden email]>
An:        "S.Roeber" <[hidden email]>,
Datum:        02.06.2015 17:08
Betreff:        new to open cv help please

Hi im new t opencv and C++

colud anyone please explain what is

int main( int argc, char** argv )

in this code ?

int main( int argc, char** argv )
{
       IplImage* img = cvLoadImage( argv[1] );
       cvNamedWindow("Example1", CV_WINDOW_AUTOSIZE );
       cvShowImage("Example1", img );
       cvWaitKey(0);
       cvReleaseImage( &img );
       cvDestroyWindow("Example1");

http://opencv-users.1802565.n2.nabble.com/new-to-open-cv-help-please-tp7585489.html
To start a new topic under opencv-users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from opencv-users,
click here.
NAML

Antwort: [OpenCV] Antwort: new to open cv help please

opencv-users mailing list
if you are new to C++ AND opencv that you should consider using a tool
like http://cassandra-vision.com/ that offers you to see how things work
in opencv without coding

Von:    "'S.Roeber' [hidden email] [OpenCV]"
<[hidden email]>
An:     [hidden email],
Datum:  03.06.2015 08:32
Betreff:        [OpenCV] Antwort: new to open cv help please
Gesendet von:   [hidden email]

Von:        "sarmad [via opencv-users]" <[hidden email]>
An:        "S.Roeber" <[hidden email]>,
Datum:        02.06.2015 17:08

Hi im new t opencv and C++

colud anyone please explain what is

int main( int argc, char** argv )

in this code ?

int main( int argc, char** argv )
{
       IplImage* img = cvLoadImage( argv[1] );
       cvNamedWindow("Example1", CV_WINDOW_AUTOSIZE );
       cvShowImage("Example1", img );
       cvWaitKey(0);
       cvReleaseImage( &img );
       cvDestroyWindow("Example1");

below:
http://opencv-users.1802565.n2.nabble.com/new-to-open-cv-help-please-tp7585489.html

To start a new topic under opencv-users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from opencv-users, click here.
NAML

Sent from the opencv-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: Antwort: new to open cv help please

Hi Sarmad,

please take the time to get at least an introduction into C++ programming, before you start to look into the particularities of opencv. It is like asking both to learn the alphabet and writing an essay, at the same time. The one is the fundamental basic that the other builds up on. A nice ressource for C++ beginners is the two books by Bruce Eckel "Thinking in C++". You can even download them as e-books:

http://mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html

Do not skip the earlier chapters, read them - learning a programming language is not copying but understanding the underlying concepts. That will then help you when you want to apply your new skill to a particular problem, where opencv may become helpful.

Good luck, cheers,
Lars.