Quantcast

Application failed to start correctly (0xc0150002)

Application failed to start correctly (0xc0150002)

CrisTina-5
    Hello!
    I am new to this group and to OpenCV and I am sorry to say that for the beginning I have simply knocked into a great problem: I cannot run my OpenCV 2.0 application in MS Visual Studio 2008, despite the fact that is compiles without errors and the build succeeds.
    The error message I get is: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002). Click OK to close the application". I also mention that I have tried to solve this problem by installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package(both vcredist_x86, as well as vcredist_x86_sp1), but unfortunately to no use. To me it is intriguing the fact that on my other computer it worked just fine, with exactly the same settings. Any idea why this is happening?
    I would kindly appreciate your help, thanks in advance!

    Regards,
    Cristina

Re: Application failed to start correctly (0xc0150002)

Jean-Pierre Landry
Have a look at the readme file...

Extract from readme file:

2. Due to many technical problems the installation package does
    not include pre-compiled OpenCV libraries for Visual Studio users.

    Instead, it includes libraries built with MinGW 4.3.3 TDM-SJLJ.

    They are good enough to run the C/C++ and Python samples and tests,
    but for developing your OpenCV-based applications using
    Visual Studio, Borland IDE etc., or even a different version of MinGW,
    you need to build the libraries with your compiler using CMake,
    as explained here:
       http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/InstallGuide.

Short story you will have to compiled the librairies for Visual Studio
use with CMake...

CrisTina wrote:

>     Hello!
>     I am new to this group and to OpenCV and I am sorry to say that for the beginning I have simply knocked into a great problem: I cannot run my OpenCV 2.0 application in MS Visual Studio 2008, despite the fact that is compiles without errors and the build succeeds.
>     The error message I get is: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002). Click OK to close the application". I also mention that I have tried to solve this problem by installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package(both vcredist_x86, as well as vcredist_x86_sp1), but unfortunately to no use. To me it is intriguing the fact that on my other computer it worked just fine, with exactly the same settings. Any idea why this is happening?
>     I would kindly appreciate your help, thanks in advance!
>
>     Regards,
>     Cristina

Re: Application failed to start correctly (0xc0150002)

barryschrag
In my case (Windows 7, x64) this error was caused by my project referencing OpenCV debug dll's on a machine with no msvcp90d.dll. – I installed the VS2008 redistributable C runtime, however the debug versions are not installed with the redist.

After the UI error, the event log holds the following:

Activation context generation failed for "…\cv210d.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found.

Option 1:  Install VS2008 express to get the debug versions, however it is no longer available for download at MS and VS2010 does not include these files.
Option 2:  Change your project references to use the OpenCV release version, e.g. reference cv201.lib instead of cv210d.lib etc..

--- In [hidden email], "CrisTina" <chrysg23@...> wrote:

>     Hello!
>     I am new to this group and to OpenCV and I am sorry to say that for the beginning I have simply knocked into a great problem: I cannot run my OpenCV 2.0 application in MS Visual Studio 2008, despite the fact that is compiles without errors and the build succeeds.
>     The error message I get is: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002). Click OK to close the application". I also mention that I have tried to solve this problem by installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package(both vcredist_x86, as well as vcredist_x86_sp1), but unfortunately to no use. To me it is intriguing the fact that on my other computer it worked just fine, with exactly the same settings. Any idea why this is happening?
>     I would kindly appreciate your help, thanks in advance!
>
>     Regards,
>     Cristina

Re: Application failed to start correctly (0xc0150002)

samiq
there is only one easy way out of all this... get the source code and recompile it... if u r using the OpenCV 1.pre... u will have to use the solution called opencv.vs2005.no_openmp.sln, delete everything from the bin and lib folders and recompile for both debug and release... that's it after that everything works ok