C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

broskoye

I have an OpenCV face recognition program (VStudio 2010 C++) working fine with the highgui module but now, I want to create a full Windows GUI. Most GUIs re in C# with an opencv wrapper.

Are there any strictly  C++ GUIs I can use?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Change settings: http://www.yahoogroups.com/mygroups, select
   Get Emails (get all posts)
   Daily Digest (one summary email per day)
   Read on the web (read posts on the web only)Or Unsubscribe by mailing [hidden email]
.

__,_._,___

Re: C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

P. L. Charles Fischer
I suggest wxWidgets.  It is C++, open source and has a license that can be used in a commercial product.

Re: C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

Somnath Mukherjee
MFC, I have used very friendly

   Somnath Mukherjee

RE: C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

broskoye

 Thanks for the info! I had a bad day tring to set up wxWidgets. I'll take a look at MFC

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM, <broskoye@...> wrote:

I have an OpenCV face recognition program (VStudio 2010 C++) working fine with the highgui module but now, I want to create a full Windows GUI. Most GUIs re in C# with an opencv wrapper.

Are there any strictly  C++ GUIs I can use?

--
   Somnath Mukherjee
somnath.7.mukherjee@...

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Change settings: http://www.yahoogroups.com/mygroups, select
   Get Emails (get all posts)
   Daily Digest (one summary email per day)
   Read on the web (read posts on the web only)Or Unsubscribe by mailing [hidden email]
.

__,_._,___

RE: C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

Frank Lamosa
MFC is a 20 year old tool that is leaky, creates monster programmes (you
have to include the MFC-approved version of the C-runtimes as well as the
runtimes you want); it encourages HORRIBLE design....Today, there is no
reason in the world why you should touch it.  Granted, if you already have
legacy code it's one thing...but if you're starting fresh, really, there is
a lot to be said for Qt or WxWidgets (yes, I know the learning curve is
steep - but so it is with MFC after you get past the very basic things -
along with the promotion of atrocious development), or evens forms
builder....if you only want to use Windows.  You could also look at
Borland....

Another thing to keep in mind is that M$ has already tried to kill MFC
once.  They had to update it in 2009, but I know they would be more than
happy to see it die...

On 28 August 2013 03:42, <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Thanks for the info! I had a bad day tring to set up wxWidgets. I'll take
> a look at MFC
>

> --- In [hidden email], <somnath.7.mukherjee@...> wrote:
>
> MFC, I have used very friendly
>

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM, <broskoye@...> wrote:
>
> **
>

> I have an OpenCV face recognition program (VStudio 2010 C++) working fine
> with the highgui module but now, I want to create a full Windows GUI. Most
> GUIs re in C# with an opencv wrapper.
>
> Are there any strictly  C++ GUIs I can use?
>

> --
>    Somnath Mukherjee
> somnath.7.mukherjee@...

Re: C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

YoussefH
I suggest to you QT. It's easy to use.

________________________________
 De : "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
À : [hidden email]
Envoyé le : Mardi 27 août 2013 17h44
Objet : [OpenCV] C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

I have an OpenCV face recognition program (VStudio 2010 C++) working fine with the highgui module but now, I want to create a full Windows GUI. Most GUIs re in C# with an opencv wrapper.

Are there any strictly  C++  GUIs I can use?

Re: C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

Carlos Roberto
You can check the GUI examples provided in Microsoft Kinect SDK
Cheers

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM, youssef hbali <[hidden email]>wrote:

> **
>

> Hi,
> I suggest to you QT. It's easy to use.
>
>   ------------------------------
>  *De :* "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> *À :* [hidden email]
> *Envoyé le :* Mardi 27 août 2013 17h44
> *Objet :* [OpenCV] C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications
>

> I have an OpenCV face recognition program (VStudio 2010 C++) working fine
> with the highgui module but now, I want to create a full Windows GUI. Most
> GUIs re in C# with an opencv wrapper.
>
> Are there any strictly  C++ GUIs I can use?

--
Carlos Roberto, MSc
Software Eng. Consultant @ IBM
My LinkedIn <http://br.linkedin.com/pub/carlos-lacerda-msc/5/964/378>
follow me @ twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/ze_tech>

Re: C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

Jose Miranda
Hi there:

Yes, you have to give Qt a trial. It's worth and, as already said, it's not difficult to design a GUI with it.

Cheers.
Jose.

Re: C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

Francisco Ares
2013/8/27 Shervin Emami <[hidden email]>

> **
>

> Yes I agree with Frank, using MFC is fine if you only want to support
> Windows 95 or Windows XP, but if you are starting from scratch you are
> better off learning something like Qt that is very modern & improving and
> even portable to Linux & future smart-phones & tablets, etc. Once you have
> mastered Qt for your project, you could then use it in other projects in
> many years to come, whereas MFC is becoming outdated.
>
> Cheers,
> Shervin Emami.
> http://www.shervinemami.info/openCV.html
>

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Carlos Roberto <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> **
>>

>> You can check the GUI examples provided in Microsoft Kinect SDK
>> Cheers
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM, youssef hbali <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> **
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I suggest to you QT. It's easy to use.
>>>
>>>   ------------------------------
>>>  *De :* "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
>>> *À :* [hidden email]
>>> *Envoyé le :* Mardi 27 août 2013 17h44
>>> *Objet :* [OpenCV] C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications
>>>

>>> I have an OpenCV face recognition program (VStudio 2010 C++) working
>>> fine with the highgui module but now, I want to create a full Windows GUI.
>>> Most GUIs re in C# with an opencv wrapper.
>>>
>>> Are there any strictly  C++ GUIs I can use?
>>>

>> --
>> Carlos Roberto, MSc
>> Software Eng. Consultant @ IBM
>> My Blog <http://kinect-i.blogspot.com/>
>> My LinkedIn <http://br.linkedin.com/pub/carlos-lacerda-msc/5/964/378>
>> follow me @ twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/ze_tech>

Agreed with Qt, in special because parts of OpenCV standard SDK already
uses it (highgui).

Check this:

http://docs.opencv.org/modules/highgui/doc/qt_new_functions.html

Francisco

Re: C++ GUIs best for creating OpenCV applications

peak peak
You can also try Windows Forms Application (CLI/C++).

Create a GUI there is as easy as in C#.