CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1

Danika Sleeger
Hi all,

I've quite a bit of OpenCV experience and from some days I'm trying
the new 1.1 pre (Windows).

With this version I'm finally able to use cvCaptures(s) to:

- Read from TWO USB webams at the same time
- Change the resolution using cvSetCaptureProperty() (Even at RUN-
time,neat!)

unfortunatly both cvSetCaptureProperty(capture,CV_CAP_PROP_FPS,30.0)
and cvGetCaptureProperty(capture,CV_CAP_PROP_FPS) seems to be broken.
I don't read any value with the Get and not set any value with  the
Set.

Can someone confirm this  behaviour?
Any workaround to set a camera acquisition framerate to the fullest?

Best,

Franco

K T
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1

K T
Yes, I can confirm the issue exists on osx and linux
it is a major issue, and up to date I haven't find a workaround on it.
Because you are in windows you are lucky, and you may be able to use
the videoman library:  http://videomanlib.sourceforge.net/

if you may also want to check IVT library.




--- On Sat, 1/3/09, dragon_567 <[hidden email]> wrote:

From: dragon_567 <[hidden email]>
Subject: [OpenCV] CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1
To: [hidden email]
Date: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 6:25 AM










   
            Hi all,



I've quite a bit of OpenCV experience and from some days I'm trying

the new 1.1 pre (Windows).



With this version I'm finally able to use cvCaptures(s) to:



- Read from TWO USB webams at the same time

- Change the resolution using cvSetCapturePropert y() (Even at RUN-

time,neat!)



unfortunatly both cvSetCapturePropert y(capture, CV_CAP_PROP_ FPS,30.0)

and cvGetCapturePropert y(capture, CV_CAP_PROP_ FPS) seems to be broken.

I don't read any value with the Get and not set any value with  the

Set.



Can someone confirm this  behaviour?

Any workaround to set a camera acquisition framerate to the fullest?



Best,



Franco




     

   
   
       
         
       
       








       


       
       


     

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1

Danika Sleeger
Hi,
 
thanks for the info!
 
I've tried VideoMan lib already (v0.5).
On my setup precompiled demos work fine but I encounter some weird problems trying to recompile them.
 
Is anyone actually using VideoMan + OpenCV1.1 + VC2005 right now?
 
Any help would be appreciated.
 
Franco

--- On Sun, 1/4/09, K T <[hidden email]> wrote:

From: K T <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [OpenCV] CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1
To: [hidden email]
Date: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 9:03 AM






Yes, I can confirm the issue exists on osx and linux
it is a major issue, and up to date I haven't find a workaround on it.
Because you are in windows you are lucky, and you may be able to use
the videoman library:  http://videomanlib. sourceforge. net/

if you may also want to check IVT library.

--- On Sat, 1/3/09, dragon_567 <dragon_567@yahoo. com> wrote:

From: dragon_567 <dragon_567@yahoo. com>
Subject: [OpenCV] CV_CAP_PROP_ FPS seems broken in 1.1
To: OpenCV@yahoogroups. com
Date: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 6:25 AM

Hi all,

I've quite a bit of OpenCV experience and from some days I'm trying

the new 1.1 pre (Windows).

With this version I'm finally able to use cvCaptures(s) to:

- Read from TWO USB webams at the same time

- Change the resolution using cvSetCapturePropert y() (Even at RUN-

time,neat!)

unfortunatly both cvSetCapturePropert y(capture, CV_CAP_PROP_ FPS,30.0)

and cvGetCapturePropert y(capture, CV_CAP_PROP_ FPS) seems to be broken.

I don't read any value with the Get and not set any value with the

Set.

Can someone confirm this behaviour?

Any workaround to set a camera acquisition framerate to the fullest?

Best,

Franco











[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

 














     

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1

azkuenejb
Hi,
I am the main developer of VideoMan. I have used VideoMan with
VC2003,2005 and 2008. Could you explain more about your problems? The
most difficult part is the compilation of VMDirectShow( directshow
module input), you can find instructions in the inputs\VMDirectShow
directory.

--- In [hidden email], Danika Sleeger <dragon_567@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>  
> thanks for the info!
>  
> I've tried VideoMan lib already (v0.5).
> On my setup precompiled demos work fine but I encounter some weird
problems trying to recompile them.

>  
> Is anyone actually using VideoMan + OpenCV1.1 + VC2005 right now?
>  
> Any help would be appreciated.
>  
> Franco
>
> --- On Sun, 1/4/09, K T <tsourk2002@...> wrote:
>
> From: K T <tsourk2002@...>
> Subject: Re: [OpenCV] CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 9:03 AM

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1

Danika Sleeger
Hi there!
 
Thanks for offering help.
Let me explain the problem:
 
I've downloaded your VideoMan_05 rar file and deflated the content.
If I'm correct there is a precompiled VMDirectShow.dll there (I really don't feel like having to compile it myself... too much effort).
Then I tried your "openCVSimple.exe" and got all excited because:
 
1) it works just fine
2) your library has a very clean interface, something I always appreciate.
 
Next step was to import your library into my project. That did not work. Compilation was fine but when i tried to initialise your library I got this:
 
"Unhandled exception at 0x7c343291 in VideoManTest.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xcccccccc."
 
Tis occurs just at the beginning inside getAvailableDevices, here:
 
std::vector<inputIdentification> list;
videoMan.getAvailableDevices( "DSHOW_CAPTURE_DEVICE", list ); //list all the available devices
 
that is if I compile in Debug mode (VC2005). If I compile in Release mode the app starts and the camera properties dialog appears but then the program crashes inside
 
osfinfo.c - Win32 _osfhnd[] support routines
 
Finally  tried to simple recompile the sourde of your opencvsimple.cpp example. Same problem.
 
To me it looks like there is some problems inside "VideoMan.lib", maybe I should try to link dinamically? Can that be?
 
Best,
 
Franco
 
 
 
 
 


--- On Thu, 1/8/09, azkuenejb <[hidden email]> wrote:

From: azkuenejb <[hidden email]>
Subject: [OpenCV] Re: CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 6:50 AM






Hi,
I am the main developer of VideoMan. I have used VideoMan with
VC2003,2005 and 2008. Could you explain more about your problems? The
most difficult part is the compilation of VMDirectShow( directshow
module input), you can find instructions in the inputs\VMDirectShow
directory.

--- In OpenCV@yahoogroups. com, Danika Sleeger <dragon_567@ ...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>  
> thanks for the info!
>  
> I've tried VideoMan lib already (v0.5).
> On my setup precompiled demos work fine but I encounter some weird
problems trying to recompile them.

>  
> Is anyone actually using VideoMan + OpenCV1.1 + VC2005 right now?
>  
> Any help would be appreciated.
>  
> Franco
>
> --- On Sun, 1/4/09, K T <tsourk2002@ ...> wrote:
>
> From: K T <tsourk2002@ ...>
> Subject: Re: [OpenCV] CV_CAP_PROP_ FPS seems broken in 1.1
> To: OpenCV@yahoogroups. com
> Date: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 9:03 AM

 














     

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1

azkuenejb
The precompiled dlls were built with VC2003, if you are working with
2005, the best thing you can do is to rebuild videoman.dll and
VMDirectShow.dll with VC2005. It is not difficult to build
VMDirectShow following the instructions, but if you prefer I can send
you the VC2005 binaries.
The problem could be that you are mixing dlls from different VC
versions. Also check that you are using the option "Multi-threaded
DLL" in project properties>>C/C++>>Code Generation

If you will try to build the library, download the latest version from
the SVN repository
http://videomanlib.sourceforge.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=53

--- In [hidden email], Danika Sleeger <dragon_567@...> wrote:
>
> Hi there!
>  
> Thanks for offering help.
> Let me explain the problem:
>  
> I've downloaded your VideoMan_05 rar file and deflated the content.
> If I'm correct there is a precompiled VMDirectShow.dll there (I
really don't feel like having to compile it myself... too much effort).
> Then I tried your "openCVSimple.exe" and got all excited because:
>  
> 1) it works just fine
> 2) your library has a very clean interface, something I always
appreciate.
>  
> Next step was to import your library into my project. That did not
work. Compilation was fine but when i tried to initialise your library
I got this:
>  
> "Unhandled exception at 0x7c343291 in VideoManTest.exe: 0xC0000005:
Access violation reading location 0xcccccccc."
>  
> Tis occurs just at the beginning inside getAvailableDevices, here:
>  
> std::vector<inputIdentification> list;
> videoMan.getAvailableDevices( "DSHOW_CAPTURE_DEVICE", list ); //list
all the available devices
>  
> that is if I compile in Debug mode (VC2005). If I compile in Release
mode the app starts and the camera properties dialog appears but then
the program crashes inside
>  
> osfinfo.c - Win32 _osfhnd[] support routines
>  
> Finally  tried to simple recompile the sourde of your
opencvsimple.cpp example. Same problem.
>  
> To me it looks like there is some problems inside "VideoMan.lib",
maybe I should try to link dinamically? Can that be?
>  
> Best,
>  
> Franco

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1

Danika Sleeger
Hi there,
 
the main reason I did not want to comile myslf is that it require the DirectX SDK,that is a huge download and install. So, if you would be so kind to send me the VC2005 binaries (.lib and .dlls for DirectShow)  you would make me a huge favour.
Also, in general, I think that several people that are just using DirectShow might be inteested in such binaries, so maybe it could be a good idea to make them generally available (expecially since they are so small).
Thank a lot in advance for your help.
 
Franco

--- On Thu, 1/8/09, azkuenejb <[hidden email]> wrote:

From: azkuenejb <[hidden email]>
Subject: [OpenCV] Re: CV_CAP_PROP_FPS seems broken in 1.1
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 3:46 PM






The precompiled dlls were built with VC2003, if you are working with
2005, the best thing you can do is to rebuild videoman.dll and
VMDirectShow. dll with VC2005. It is not difficult to build
VMDirectShow following the instructions, but if you prefer I can send
you the VC2005 binaries.
The problem could be that you are mixing dlls from different VC
versions. Also check that you are using the option "Multi-threaded
DLL" in project properties>> C/C++>>Code Generation

If you will try to build the library, download the latest version from
the SVN repository
http://videomanlib. sourceforge. net/index. php?option= com_content& task=view& id=31&Itemid= 53

--- In OpenCV@yahoogroups. com, Danika Sleeger <dragon_567@ ...> wrote:
>
> Hi there!
>  
> Thanks for offering help.
> Let me explain the problem:
>  
> I've downloaded your VideoMan_05 rar file and deflated the content.
> If I'm correct there is a precompiled VMDirectShow. dll there (I
really don't feel like having to compile it myself... too much effort).
> Then I tried your "openCVSimple. exe" and got all excited because:
>  
> 1) it works just fine
> 2) your library has a very clean interface, something I always
appreciate.
>  
> Next step was to import your library into my project. That did not
work. Compilation was fine but when i tried to initialise your library
I got this:
>  
> "Unhandled exception at 0x7c343291 in VideoManTest. exe: 0xC0000005:
Access violation reading location 0xcccccccc."
>  
> Tis occurs just at the beginning inside getAvailableDevices , here:
>  
> std::vector< inputIdentificat ion> list;
> videoMan.getAvailab leDevices( "DSHOW_CAPTURE_ DEVICE", list ); //list
all the available devices
>  
> that is if I compile in Debug mode (VC2005). If I compile in Release
mode the app starts and the camera properties dialog appears but then
the program crashes inside
>  
> osfinfo.c - Win32 _osfhnd[] support routines
>  
> Finally  tried to simple recompile the sourde of your
opencvsimple. cpp example. Same problem.
>  
> To me it looks like there is some problems inside "VideoMan.lib" ,
maybe I should try to link dinamically? Can that be?
>  
> Best,
>  
> Franco

 














     

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]