Camera calibration using one image

psourt
Hello everyone,
I am facing a task and I am a bit confused on how to approach it.
I want to perform camera calibration.
My main goal is to extract actual positions of people walking from
video sequences and then based on the pixel locations from the image
to see where they are in actual space.
In order though to perform that task I have to perform camera
calibration first and I have only one image where a grid is placed on
the floor and I know the actual dimensions of each square in the grid.
I was reading OpenCV book and it says that in order to use the
calibration methods in the library I must have at least 2 views where
the grid appears in different locations. Unfortunately this is
something that I can not have. I am stuck with the one image with the
grid.
Does anyone knows how I can perform camera calibration by using just
one image with a grid inside?

Thanks
Panos

Re: Camera calibration using one image

haoyu19871202
--- In [hidden email], "psourt" <psourt@...> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I am facing a task and I am a bit confused on how to approach it.
> I want to perform camera calibration.
> My main goal is to extract actual positions of people walking from
> video sequences and then based on the pixel locations from the image
> to see where they are in actual space.
> In order though to perform that task I have to perform camera
> calibration first and I have only one image where a grid is placed on
> the floor and I know the actual dimensions of each square in the grid.
> I was reading OpenCV book and it says that in order to use the
> calibration methods in the library I must have at least 2 views where
> the grid appears in different locations. Unfortunately this is
> something that I can not have. I am stuck with the one image with the
> grid.
> Does anyone knows how I can perform camera calibration by using just
> one image with a grid inside?
>
> Thanks
> Panos

you can use the program to calculate the intrinsic parameters firstly,
then, you can amend your program, delete the CalibrateCamera2 function
and change it to FindExtrinsicCameraParams2 function, this function
can only calculate the Extrinsic parameters,and only need one picture

Re: Camera calibration using one image

psourt
> you can use the program to calculate the intrinsic parameters firstly,
> then, you can amend your program, delete the CalibrateCamera2 function
> and change it to FindExtrinsicCameraParams2 function, this function
> can only calculate the Extrinsic parameters,and only need one picture

Which program are you referring to in order to calculate the intrinsic
parameters?

Thanks
Panos