Circles in OpenCV

kokoronotomo09
Hi guys,

I try to detect circle in an images. But the cvHoughCircle can't work well. Can anyone tell me why it is not good and let me know how to improve this.

Thanks so much

Re: Circles in OpenCV

Jean-Pierre Landry
You're not saying what version of OpenCV you're using but I personally
had an experience with version 1.0 where cvHoughCircle where was not
getting good results until I installed IPP...  It then started to give
more accurate results...

Your mileage may vary!  :-)

kokoronotomo09 wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I try to detect circle in an images. But the cvHoughCircle can't work well. Can anyone tell me why it is not good and let me know how to improve this.
>
> Thanks so much

Re: Circles in OpenCV

kokoronotomo09

Hi Jean-Pierre Landry,

Thanks for your help. It's true that I use OpenCV 1.0. so please let me know more detail how to improve this problem. What is IPP... ? Once a gain, thanks so much

--- In [hidden email], Jean-Pierre Landry <jplandry@...> wrote:

> You're not saying what version of OpenCV you're using but I personally
> had an experience with version 1.0 where cvHoughCircle where was not
> getting good results until I installed IPP...  It then started to give
> more accurate results...
>
> Your mileage may vary!  :-)
>

> kokoronotomo09 wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I try to detect circle in an images. But the cvHoughCircle can't work well. Can anyone tell me why it is not good and let me know how to improve this.
> >
> > Thanks so much

Re: Circles in OpenCV

Jean-Pierre Landry
IPP stands for 'Integrated Performance Primitives' (
http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-ipp/ )and is a suite of optimized
routines that OpenCV will use if present...

In the case of cvHoughCircle my experience seems to suggest that it made
a big difference in the quality of the results obtained!

I posted my observations on this here (in the forum) so that it could be
corroborated by others but so far I seem to be the only one to have
observed this...  :-)

kokoronotomo09 wrote:

> Hi Jean-Pierre Landry,
>
> Thanks for your help. It's true that I use OpenCV 1.0. so please let me know more detail how to improve this problem. What is IPP... ? Once a gain, thanks so much
>

> --- In [hidden email], Jean-Pierre Landry <jplandry@...> wrote:
>> You're not saying what version of OpenCV you're using but I personally
>> had an experience with version 1.0 where cvHoughCircle where was not
>> getting good results until I installed IPP...  It then started to give
>> more accurate results...
>>
>> Your mileage may vary!  :-)
>>

>> kokoronotomo09 wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I try to detect circle in an images. But the cvHoughCircle can't work well. Can anyone tell me why it is not good and let me know how to improve this.
>>>
>>> Thanks so much

Re: Circles in OpenCV

kokoronotomo09
Hi,

Thanks for your advice. Now, I try to build my own function to detect circle with Hough Transform. I can work beter than than cvHoughCircle in OpenCV. But unfortunately, it takes long time. Now I want to reduce caculating-time. It's not easy.