Contributing to OpenCV

opencv-users mailing list
Hi all,

I started contributing to OpenCV about a month ago but till now I have only
worked on documentation. I would like to contribute code but I am confused
as there are too many open issues. Could anyone recommend some issues for
beginners for which I can write and contribute some code. Also, a few of my
PRs are lying around in the PR section on github for quite a time. What
should I do to get them reviewed and merged?

I hope I am posting this at the correct place.

Thanks

Ishank Gulati
https://github.com/IshankGulati

Re: Contributing to OpenCV

opencv-users mailing list
Hey Ishank!

It's great to hear about your contributions! OpenCV is a huge repository
and I suggest you pick up the module you feel most comfortable with and go
through the list of issues pertaining to that module. To help you
segregate, the GitHub issues are tagged with appropriate labels (
https://github.com/Itseez/opencv/labels). Another good place to start off
with code contributions would be the samples module. It basically contains
example codes  in C++/Java/Python for different OpenCV methods. I
personally, started off here :-)

Regarding merging of your PRs, I believe the best thing you can do is wait!
Most of the folks who'll be reviewing your code are quite busy. However,
they do make sure that PRs do get merged within a few weeks' time.

Cheers!

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Ishank Gulati [hidden email]
[OpenCV] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I started contributing to OpenCV about a month ago but till now I have
> only worked on documentation. I would like to contribute code but I am
> confused as there are too many open issues. Could anyone recommend some
> issues for beginners for which I can write and contribute some code. Also,
> a few of my PRs are lying around in the PR section on github for quite a
> time. What should I do to get them reviewed and merged?
>
> I hope I am posting this at the correct place.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ishank Gulati
> https://github.com/IshankGulati

Re: Contributing to OpenCV