CvCaptureFromAVI and memory saturation

maresca.fabio
Hi all,
I compiled OpenCv 1.1 with Ffmpeg svn-r16043 (on Fedora Core 8) and it
works.
Then now, I can use cvCaptureFromAVI, that uses ffmpeg or his
libraries (I suppose).
Unfortunately using cvCaptureFromAVI in facedetect.c (included in the
examples of OpenCv) I noticed that it asks continually memory.
Running "top" and watching the percentage of memory RAM (%MEM) it
grows rapidly!!
Obviously when I read a file with "ffplay", the %MEM remains unchanged.
It possible that it's a cvCaptureFromAVI problem? In other words, how
I can use cvCaptureFromAVI in a real application, without go to
"memory leak"?!

I hope to receive an your prompt reply.
Thk