WEB SITE: https://sites.google.com/view/iwcia18/ <https://sites.google.com/view/iwcia18/>
I am pleased to invite you to IWCIA'18 - https://sites.google.com/view/iwcia18 <https://sites.google.com/view/iwcia18>, which is going to be held in Porto, Portugal, in November 22-24, 2018.
IWCIA'18 is the nineteenth of a series of international meetings on combinatorial image analysis. Image analysis is a scientific discipline providing theoretical foundations and methods for solving problems appearing in a wide range of areas, as diverse as medicine, robotics, defense, and security. As a rule, the processed data are discrete; therefore, the "discrete approach" to image analysis appears to be a natural one and has an increasing importance. It is based on studying combinatorial properties of the considered digital data sets.
Combinatorial image analysis often features various advantages (in terms of efficiency and accuracy) over the more traditional approaches based on continuous models requiring numeric computation.
The scientific program of the workshop consists of keynote talks, contributed papers, and posters.
The Workshop is a forum for current research on the following (or similar) research subjects which are directly or potentially applicable to image analysis:
- Combinatorial problems in the discrete plane and space; Lattice polygons and polytopes
- Digital/combinatorial geometry and topology
- Digital manifolds; Geometry of digital curves and surfaces
- Analysis and processing of digital surfaces with singularities (such as "pinched digital surfaces")
- Homotopy of digital manifolds; Thinning algorithms and skeletons
- Boundary tracking of digital solids; Geometric characteristics of object boundaries
- Multigrid convergence analysis of metric-based descriptors
- Tilings and patterns; Combinatorial pattern matching
- Computational geometry and imaging sciences
- Integer programming, linear programming, and graph theoretic models and approaches to problems of image analysis
- Image representation, segmentation, grouping, and reconstruction
- Processing "very large" digital pictures; Methods for image compression
- Parallel architectures and algorithms
- Fuzzy and stochastic image analysis
- Discrete tomography
- Grammars and models for image or scene analysis and recognition; Cellular automata
- Mathematical morphology and image analysis
- Applications in medical imaging, biometrics, computer vision, image understanding, robotics, metrology, and others
- Patch-based Inverse Problems in Interferometric Phase Imaging, Prof. José M. Bioucas-Dias, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal
- Geometric Representations of Graphs, Prof. Jan Kratochvil, Charles University, Czech Republic
- Representation learning with trainable COSFIRE filters, Prof. Nicolai Petkov, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Full paper submission due - June 15, 2018 (EXTENDED)
Notification of acceptance - July 20, 2018 (EXTENDED)
Final camera-ready papers - August 15, 2018
Workshop dates - November 22-24, 2018, Porto, Portugal
The conference proceedings will be published in the Springer's "Lecture Notes in Computer Science" series.
The submitted papers are expected to meet high standards satisfying serious evaluation criteria. Each paper will be reviewed thoroughly by at least two members of the Program Committee. Double-blind review process will be applied to ensure maximal objectiveness.
JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUE:
After the Workshop, the authors can submit extended versions of their works for publication in special journal issues. A thematic special issue of Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization (Taylor & Francis) has already been arranged.
Looking forward to meet you in Porto, in November,
João Manuel R.S. Tavares - Universidade do Porto, Portugal
(General Chair IWCIA'18)
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|