Eclipse under Win2K

Lou Arnold
I installed "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers (68 MB)" for Windows.
(eclipse-cpp-ganymede-SR1-win32.zip) Note that all one does is unzip
a file and run the executable. There was no installation as there
normally is for other windows apps. Is that normal?

I set up the includes and libraries. I tried a hello world program as
in (http://tommy.chheng.com/development/
windows_development_setup.html).

Yet Eclipse seems to complain:
1) It cannot find gcc - presumably to live-compile the short source
code.
And 2) It complains (Cannot run program "make": Launching failed)

I'm not a Linux person per se, so I'm stumped. Did Eclipse not come
with GCC and make, as part of CDT?

Regards,
Lou

Re: Eclipse under Win2K

Lou Arnold
I've solved this. But thanks anyway.
The answers:
Using Eclipse CDT requires a gcc compiler, the "make" utility and the
MinGW (windows GUI) libraries. These do not come with Eclipse CDT.
Running under Linux does not require the extra work. The GCC compiler
and "make" are already there and of course MinGW is not required.

I believe that the cited tommy chheng URL is probably accurate; I
assume things would have worked had I installed the compiler, make
and MinGW, etc. And so the web page remains a valuable resource.

--- In [hidden email], "Lou Arnold" <louarnoldottawa@...>
wrote:

> I installed "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers (68 MB)" for Windows.
> (eclipse-cpp-ganymede-SR1-win32.zip) Note that all one does is
unzip
> a file and run the executable. There was no installation as there
> normally is for other windows apps. Is that normal?
>
> I set up the includes and libraries. I tried a hello world program
as

> in (http://tommy.chheng.com/development/
> windows_development_setup.html).
>
> Yet Eclipse seems to complain:
> 1) It cannot find gcc - presumably to live-compile the short source
> code.
> And 2) It complains (Cannot run program "make": Launching failed)
>
> I'm not a Linux person per se, so I'm stumped. Did Eclipse not come
> with GCC and make, as part of CDT?
>
> Regards,
> Lou

eye tracker program

MELDA AKIN

I try to do eye tracker with opencv. I have to use camera (webcam). I will give reference point to the program. For example, in the beginning, when I see person's eyes, I will click on the their eyes, than I get coordinates. The other step will be tracking of that point but I can not decide its language because I can not code it. I am beginner in opencv. Could you help me or give me advise about it?

Re: eye tracker program

davidmarcelo2003
I think you will find a lot of opencv sample codes with C++, but you can use
C# or phyton too*.
*I think this article could be useful for you:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cpp/TrackEye.aspx

Regards.
2009/1/1 MELDA AKIN <[hidden email]>

>   Hello,
>
> I try to do eye tracker with opencv. I have to use camera (webcam). I will
> give reference point to the program. For example, in the beginning, when I
> see person's eyes, I will click on the their eyes, than I get coordinates.
> The other step will be tracking of that point but I can not decide its
> language because I can not code it. I am beginner in opencv. Could you help
> me or give me advise about it?

Re: eye tracker program

ysaksh
You look at the lkdemo in Open CV.It shows LucasKande tracking  methods.You can modify that program to do ur eye tracker

2009/1/1 MELDA AKIN <meldaakin@yahoo. com>

>   Hello,

> I try to do eye tracker with opencv. I have to use camera (webcam). I will

> give reference point to the program. For example, in the beginning, when I

> see person's eyes, I will click on the their eyes, than I get coordinates..

> The other step will be tracking of that point but I can not decide its

> language because I can not code it. I am beginner in opencv. Could you help

> me or give me advise about it?

Re: eye tracker program

MELDA AKIN
 Thank you for your answer but additionally I wonder that what you think about it's language. Java or c++ or C#?

            You look at the lkdemo in Open CV.It shows LucasKande tracking  methods.You can modify that program to do ur eye tracker

I think you will find a lot of opencv sample codes with C++, but you can use

C# or phyton too*.

*I think this article could be useful for you:

http://www.codeproj ect.com/KB/ cpp/TrackEye. aspx

Regards.

2009/1/1 MELDA AKIN <meldaakin@yahoo. com>

>   Hello,

> I try to do eye tracker with opencv. I have to use camera (webcam). I will

> give reference point to the program. For example, in the beginning, when I

> see person's eyes, I will click on the their eyes, than I get coordinates. .

> The other step will be tracking of that point but I can not decide its

> language because I can not code it. I am beginner in opencv. Could you help

> me or give me advise about it?

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. yahoo.com/ invite/

Re: eye tracker program

ysaksh
If you use Open CV you can use C or .net.

Python is also an option.

But i don't think you can use Java

From: Entrada <entrada@gmail. com>

To: OpenCV@yahoogroups. com

Date: Friday, 2 January, 2009, 4:25 AM

I think you will find a lot of opencv sample codes with C++, but you can use

C# or phyton too*.

*I think this article could be useful for you:

http://www.codeproj ect.com/KB/ cpp/TrackEye. aspx

Regards.

2009/1/1 MELDA AKIN <meldaakin@yahoo. com>

>   Hello,

> I try to do eye tracker with opencv. I have to use camera (webcam). I will

> give reference point to the program. For example, in the beginning, when I

> see person's eyes, I will click on the their eyes, than I get coordinates.. .

> The other step will be tracking of that point but I can not decide its

> language because I can not code it. I am beginner in opencv. Could you help

> me or give me advise about it?

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://messenger. yahoo..com/ invite/

Re: eye tracker program

davidmarcelo2003
I had never use it, but maybe this can be used for java...
http://ubaa.net/shared/processing/opencv/

Regards,
Marcelo.