Quantcast

Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

davidmarcelo2003
Hi,

I have reinstalled the windows XP due to virus problems.
I have configured OpenCV with Dev-Cpp again, but I keep receiving these
errors in my application and I don't know why:

cv.h: No such file or directory.
highgui.h: No such file or directory.

What else I need to set to work with Dev-Cpp?
Any help will be really appreciated.

Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

asm warrior
You haven't set the compiler search include path correctly. Try follow the steps in wiki page.

http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/DevCpp

or

http://www.cypax.net/tutorials/opencv/index?language=en

Re: Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

davidmarcelo2003
Thanks a lot for your answer,
I forgot to say I have already followed the willow garage procedure, now I
have followed the other link procedure. I have less errors now, but I don't
know how to solve this...

The errors it shows now are:
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `__cpu_features_init'
  ld returned 1 exit status

I'm receiving this same error compiling the file C:\Program
Files\OpenCV\samples\c\facedetect.c

TIA
Regards,
2009/3/21 ollydbg23 <[hidden email]>

>   You haven't set the compiler search include path correctly. Try follow
> the steps in wiki page.
>
> http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/DevCpp
>
> or
>
> http://www.cypax.net/tutorials/opencv/index?language=en

Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

manueladassori
You have another mingw installed on your pc (dev c++ uses its personal mingw)
I had the same problem.
I renamed the old-mingw folder (i want to use it if necessary) and
solved.
Hope this help
Bye
Manuela

--- In [hidden email], Entrada <entrada@...> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your answer,
> I forgot to say I have already followed the willow garage procedure, now I
> have followed the other link procedure. I have less errors now, but I don't
> know how to solve this...
>
> The errors it shows now are:
>   [Linker error] undefined reference to `__cpu_features_init'
>   ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I'm receiving this same error compiling the file C:\Program
> Files\OpenCV\samples\c\facedetect.c
>
> TIA
> Regards,
> 2009/3/21 ollydbg23 <asmwarrior@...>
>
> >   You haven't set the compiler search include path correctly. Try follow
> > the steps in wiki page.
> >
> > http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/DevCpp
> >
> > or
> >
> > http://www.cypax.net/tutorials/opencv/index?language=en

Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

asm warrior
I have tested for you.
I can successfully build this project. You can copy it's code to a CPP file instead of a C file.

Re: Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

davidmarcelo2003
I have tried this but it didn't work...
After this I have reinstalled Dev-cpp, followed the configuration in the
wiki and now I'm in the first mail again, I'm receiving the following error:
cv.h: No such file or directory.
highgui.h: No such file or directory.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
2009/3/24 manueladassori <[hidden email]>

>   You have another mingw installed on your pc (dev c++ uses its personal
> mingw)
> I had the same problem.
> I renamed the old-mingw folder (i want to use it if necessary) and
> solved.
> Hope this help
> Bye
> Manuela
>
> --- In [hidden email] <OpenCV%40yahoogroups.com>, Entrada
> <entrada@...> wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot for your answer,
> > I forgot to say I have already followed the willow garage procedure, now
> > have followed the other link procedure. I have less errors now, but I
> don't
> > know how to solve this...
> >
> > The errors it shows now are:
> > [Linker error] undefined reference to `__cpu_features_init'
> > ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > I'm receiving this same error compiling the file C:\Program
> > Files\OpenCV\samples\c\facedetect.c
> >
> > TIA
> > Regards,
> > 2009/3/21 ollydbg23 <asmwarrior@...>
> >
> > > You haven't set the compiler search include path correctly. Try follow
> > > the steps in wiki page.
> > >
> > > http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/DevCpp
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > http://www.cypax.net/tutorials/opencv/index?language=en

Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

asm warrior
Did you configure the "include file folder"?
It seems GCC can't find the header file.

Re: Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

davidmarcelo2003
Yes, I did that.
I'm at work now, and Dev-Cpp works ok here, so I will check tonight what's
the difference between both Dev-cpp, but I think it must be something in the
environment variables because the dev-cpp configuration looks the same...

Regards,
2009/3/24 ollydbg23 <[hidden email]>

>   Did you configure the "include file folder"?
> It seems GCC can't find the header file.

Re: Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

davidmarcelo2003
I still can't find the way to make the Dev-Cpp works.
I keep receiving these errors:
cv.h: No such file or directory.
highgui.h: No such file or directory.

I have followed all the Dev-Cpp tutorials, and I can't find the solution, I
have set the enviroment variable opencv_home too, and changed the mingw path
to the dev-cpp mingw...

In advance thanks a lot for any help:
Regards
2009/3/25 Entrada <[hidden email]>

> Yes, I did that.
> I'm at work now, and Dev-Cpp works ok here, so I will check tonight what's
> the difference between both Dev-cpp, but I think it must be something in the
> environment variables because the dev-cpp configuration looks the same...
>
> Regards,
> 2009/3/24 ollydbg23 <[hidden email]>
>
>   Did you configure the "include file folder"?
>> It seems GCC can't find the header file.

Re: Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

Stephan Morf
hi entrada,
i dont working with Dev-cpp,
but a bad trick is (under linux)
1) copy cv.h, highgui.h etc...
    in your working directory (main.cpp)
2) include the stuff with
    #include "cv.h"
    #include "cvhighgui.h"
    #include "......h"

under linux help this
or
look the compile-string (under linux with g++)
<g++ -I/usr/local/include/opencv -L /usr/local/lib -lcxcore -lcv -lhighgui -lcvaux -lml -o
 cvWebCam cvWebCam.cpp  >

regards stephan

2009/3/25 Entrada <entrada@gmail. com>

> Yes, I did that.

> I'm at work now, and Dev-Cpp works ok here, so I will check tonight what's

> the difference between both Dev-cpp, but I think it must be something in the

> environment variables because the dev-cpp configuration looks the same....

> Regards,

> 2009/3/24 ollydbg23 <asmwarrior@gmail. com>

>   Did you configure the "include file folder"?

>> It seems GCC can't find the header file.

Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

asm warrior
I have recently write a wiki page
http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/CodeBlocks

You can follow the steps.
Good Luck!

Re: Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

davidmarcelo2003
Hey,
I have followed this guide to configure CodeBlocks and it worked!
Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Marcelo.
2009/4/11 ollydbg23 <[hidden email]>

> I have recently write a wiki page
> http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/CodeBlocks
>
> You can follow the steps.
> Good Luck!

Re: Error: "cv.h: No such file or directory." with Dev-Cpp

asm warrior
You are welcome!