Float Image

engr_irfan07
Hi,
I have a simple question if some body can help me,
How can I display a float Image Using OpenCv with out mapping it to 0-1 range, Like if i have a float image having intensities like (10.32 , 123.45, 230.54 etc) I want to display the same values Is it possible ?

Also I used a CCD camera to capture an Image can I captured the same float Image in float format ??

Thanks in advance,

Din.

Re: Float Image

Jose Miranda
Hi Irfan:

Just create the image as float, like the following 1 channel float image to store ratio between two images:

imgRatio = cvCreateImage(cvGetSize(img1), IPL_DEPTH_32F, 1)

About the camera, I haven't worked with it yet.
Regards.
Jose.

________________________________

Re: Float Image

jon-21-3
I don't believe OpenCV supports float images, either way, would you be able to tell the difference visually between RGB[10, 123, 230] and RGB[10.32, 123.45, 230.54]?

If you really need the floating points, I'd suggest storing them in a cvMatrix and if you want to view the image, then copy the matrix to the IplImage structure.

--- In [hidden email], Irfan Ud Din <engr_irfan07@...> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a simple question if some body can help me,
> How can I display a float Image Using OpenCv with out mapping it to 0-1 range, Like if i have a float image having intensities like (10.32 , 123.45, 230.54 etc) I want to display the same values Is it possible ?
>
> Also I used a CCD camera to capture an Image can I captured the same float Image in float format ??
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Din.

Re: Float Image

Matthias Schmieder
hi,
why do you want do display a float image other than in range [0..1]?? If you normalize the image into that range, no bit-resolution will be lost, it only has a different base. If you want to show the image and still want to access the pixel data in it's original state just make a copy of the image and use the copy for the visualization.

There is no way to tell you if your camera does have the possibility to write in other than RGB888. Most cameras give the possibilities to capture frames in a RAW format though...

Regards
Matthias