HighGui api reference on openCV wiki

Abel Daniel
Hi!

how up-to-date is the HighGui api reference on the openCV wiki at
http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/HighGui ?

Judging by the entry for cvLoadImage, it seems a bit outdated,
compared to, for example to the one available at
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/cgi-pub/oleykin/website/OpenCVHelp/

Is that wiki page supposed to be up-to-date?

Daniel

Re: HighGui api reference on openCV wiki

ekrem guner
First one is newer.
(from the welcome page: Started on 14 Feb 2006. Moved to hosting at
Willow Garage 27 Oct 2008.)
And you can find edition date at the bottom of the each page
(OpenCVWiki: HighGui (last edited 2008-12-07 03:03:13 by KarlOstmo))
These references must be for ver1.1
But other than that,
i can not be sure if they forget to edit smth.

--- In [hidden email], "ekremguner7" <ekremguner7@...> wrote:
> First one is newer.
You mean the one on the wiki is newer?

> (from the welcome page: Started on 14 Feb 2006. Moved to hosting at
> Willow Garage 27 Oct 2008.)
> And you can find edition date at the bottom of the each page
> (OpenCVWiki: HighGui (last edited 2008-12-07 03:03:13 by KarlOstmo))

Just because the wiki page was edited, it does not mean it is more
up-to-date. For example, all edits made to that wiki-page in 2008
appear to be merely formatting, i.e. they didn't change the content at
all.

> These references must be for ver1.1
which one? the wiki-page?

Simply looking at the API, the one on the wiki looks older because
cvLoadImage has less features. (I.e. the API described on the other
page appears to be a super-set of the one described on the wiki, at
least for cvLoadImage.)

Daniel Abel