How to handle 16 bit image

Vinoth Kumar Mani-TLS,Chennai

Hi,

I need to pass a 16bit color image to cvCvtColor color which in turn I
will make it to call the function icvBGRx2Gray_16u_CnC1R() which will
convert the input RGB 16 bit color image to Gray scale image. But I need
to give 16 bit color image .

Can  any one give me the 16 bit color image or let me know how to do
that?.

 I tried to convert a 8 bit image to 16 bit in matlab but I failed.

Pls help. Its urgent.. Thanks in advance,

Vinod

DISCLAIMER: