The ISMAR 2018 organizing committee invites proposals for tutorials
associated with the ISMAR 2018 conference. The tutorials will be held on
16th and 20th October 2018, in Munich, Germany. The purpose of the
tutorials is to expand the knowledge in the fields of Augmented, Mixed, and
Virtual Reality and foster the next generation of researchers, developers,
- *Tutorials Proposal Deadline: May 2nd, 2018 (all deadlines: 23:59 AoE)*
- Tutorials Acceptance Notification: May 10th, 2018
- Tutorials Dates: Oct 16th and 20th, 2018
Experts, pioneers, and experienced developers and artists are needed to
propose and present tutorials that may target a specific application area,
a specific research area, or a topic of general interest for Augmented,
Mixed, and Virtual Reality.
Topics can range from introductory for AR/MR/VR novices to highly technical
for researchers. Tutorials can be half or full day tutorials, depending on
the scope of topics covered and the presenters available.
To submit a proposal for a tutorial, please send an email to
[hidden email] with the subject "ISMAR 2018 Tutorial Proposal" and
a PDF document containing:
- Provide a brief summary of the proposed tutorial.
3. Preferable date for the tutorial: 16 / 20 / no preference
- Explain why ISMAR attendees would be interested in attending this
- Explain how an increased knowledge of this subject will advance
Augmented, Mixed, or Virtual Reality.
- Provide a really brief bio of the presenters', list of several
relevant publications on the proposed topic tutorial, and contact
information (e-mail, phone, affiliation)
- If you have taught this or a similar tutorial before, where and
when was it taught.
6. Target Audience:
- Describe what population this tutorial is targeted towards (e.g.,
students, industry professionals, everyone).
- Expected number of attendees.
7. Outline of Tutorial:
- Include the order of topics and approximate time for each topic.
1. Topic A: 1.5 hours
1.1. Subtopic A1
2. Topic B: 1.5 hours
2.1. Subtopic B1 ...
After sending your proposal to the aforementioned email address, you should
receive an acknowledgment of receipt. Tutorial proposal will be reviewed by
the committee, and notifications of acceptance will be sent out after the