*ISMAR 2018 - CALL FOR WORKSHOPS*
The ISMAR 2018 organizing committee invites proposals for workshops to be
held in the ISMAR 2018 main conference. The workshops will be held on 16th
and 20th October 2018, in Munich, Germany.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide participants with the
opportunity to present and discuss research ideas on cutting-edge research
topics related to Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality as Science &
Technology and Arts, Media, & Humanities. We encourage researchers from
different academic communities as well as from industry and public
institutions to bring together and to collaborate and discuss with each
other about possible future topics and trends.
The scope of the proposals should be consistent with the main conference
topics. Please visit the conference website (https://ismar2018.org).
- *Workshops Proposal Deadline: May 2nd, 2018 (all deadlines: 23:59 AoE)*
- Workshops Acceptance Notification: May 10th, 2018
- Workshops Call-for-Participation (issued by): June 10th, 2018
- Workshops Notification of Acceptance (issued by): August 14th, 2018
- Workshops Camera Ready Deadline: September 4th, 2018
- Workshops Dates: Oct 16th and 20th, 2018
The deadline for workshop proposal submissions is May 2nd, 2018,
notifications will be sent out on May 10th. Workshop organizers will be
expected to issue their calls-for-participation no later than June 10th and
to issue any acceptance decisions to their participants no later than
August 14th in order to allow sufficient time for travel planning and
advance registration to the conference. All camera-ready material for the
proceedings should be collected by September 4th.
ISMAR workshops provide a platform for presentations of novel work, work in
progress and position papers. ISMAR workshops may also serve as a platform
to actively experience the insights of a variety of pervasive computing
topics in seminars. Since seminars aim for a maximum of interactivity, we
ask organizers of seminars to focus on proposals of how to involve
attendees. This can be for example, by organizing hands-on sessions or
pro-contra discussions of reading lists. Workshops may also be organized as
a combination of both, resulting in seminars with presentations of novel
work, work in progress, or position statements.
Workshop organizers can choose one out of two options regarding the
publication. (1) The workshop's papers will be published in ISMAR 2018
adjunct Proceedings and IEEE Xplore. OR (2) The workshop's papers will not
be published but included in the supplemental material folder of the ISMAR
2018 USB memory proceedings.
Workshop submissions can be directed to: [hidden email] with
cc-ing to all co-organizers and the subject "ISMAR 2018 Workshop Proposal".
Please provide a PDF document containing:
1. Title of workshop:
2. Preferable date for the workshop: 16/20/no preference
3. Theme and topics of interest:
- Brief description of research issues that the workshop will address.
- Reasons why the workshop is of interest to the conference
- Reasons why the workshop is timely and relevant for ISMAR 2018.
4. Format of the workshop (including a rudimentary agenda).
5. Interest to get the paper published or not.
6. Preliminary Call for Papers.
7. Organizers (having two organizers for a workshop is the minimum
- Research interest.
- Short bio.
8. Potential program committee members.
9. Audience: approximate expected number of participants and submissions
After sending your proposal to the aforementioned email address, you should
receive an acknowledgment of receipt. Workshop proposal will be reviewed by
the committee, and notifications of acceptance will be sent out after the
Organizers (at least two organizers for a workshop) are expected to be
proactive in the field where they propose a workshop. Potential workshop
organizers should also note that at least one workshop organizer is
required to attend those workshops they are organizing. Any change to the
workshop organization team must be submitted in writing at least two weeks
prior to the workshop paper deadline. No changes to the workshop
organization team can be made after this date to ensure that potential
participants submitting papers to workshops are aware of the final
ISMAR 2018 Workshop and Tutorial Chairs: [hidden email]
- Gerd Bruder, University of Central Florida, USA
- Maki Sugimoto, Keio University, Japan
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|