Quantcast

IP Camera

ALIREZA BOSSAGH
Hi
I'm trying to capture image from an IP camera
But I can not connect to it. Below is the code that I use.

      Capture * capture = cvCreateFileCapture("http://169.254.0.99/");

But the capture remain zero.
What should I do?

Regards
Alireza

Re: IP Camera

Tonu Samuel
On Sat, 2010-02-06 at 06:23 +0000, ALIREZA BOSSAGH wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to capture image from an IP camera
> But I can not connect to it. Below is the code that I use.
>
> Capture * capture = cvCreateFileCapture("http://169.254.0.99/");
>
> But the capture remain zero.
> What should I do?

Please always include technical details of camera (model at least) etc.
We are much unable to say what you did wrong.

Most common reason of failure is attempt to use stock OpenCV without
FFMPEG compiled in. Also for Axis cameras URL is wrong. Google a bit and
you see details if this is the case.

   T├Ánu

Re: IP Camera

Scott Kokotovitch
Which model IP camera? Odds are good you need an image path in that URL. Can
you view the camera in firefox? If not, it gets hairy. If you can, right
click the video and get it's path, try that url instead.