Increasing performance of ORB descriptors

Increasing performance of ORB descriptors

Salil Jain
Can performance of ORB descriptors be increased in terms of detection,
description and matching using IPP with OpenCV?

--
Warm Regards,
Salil Kumar Jain

<http://www.saachitech.com/> <http://www.foglu.com/>

Re: Increasing performance of ORB descriptors

lolong
I'm not sure, but you can tried with an OpenCV compiled with IPP and another without,  and compare them.

One thing you can do is: open that *.cpp file which has the ORB implemented code, and check if there is some DEFINE related with IPP.

luck

________________________________

Re: Increasing performance of ORB descriptors

lolong
the orb.cpp file include "precomp.hpp" file, and this one include:

#include "opencv2/features2d/features2d.hpp"
#include "opencv2/imgproc/imgproc.hpp"
#include "opencv2/imgproc/imgproc_c.h"
#include "opencv2/core/internal.hpp"

so, I think that these files use IPP, then ORB would be improved in the computational cost.

Re: Increasing performance of ORB descriptors

opencv-users mailing list
I am now trying to improve the computational cost of ORB. I came across this topic. I wish to know how would you do it (compile with IPP) in linux. I am using Arch Linux. Besides, any other ways to improve the computational cost ?