Integration of WinForm from OpenCV and Visual C++

Integration of WinForm from OpenCV and Visual C++

Enrique López Mañas
Dear all,

I might ask for help regarding this issue in the list, because I´m pretty
sure someone dealt with this in the past.

I have coded an application for Visual C++ Express. It basically consists on
a VC++ Form and a OpenCV windows displaying video. At some point I recollect
the information from the OpenCV Video Window, and I reflect it on the VC++
Form.

After finishing the first draft of the application, I was considering
improving the interface. The first natural step will be to integrate both
OpenCV Window and VC++ Form. I´ve checking the code for cvNamedWindow, and
it uses Win32 API (as expected). I´ve looking on the internet, and most of
the solutions came by using MFC (which I do not use) or moving to .NET (so
late).

Does anyone of you have faced this problem? Does anyone has solutions or
guidances?

Best,

Enrique

Re: Integration of WinForm from OpenCV and Visual C++

Jean-Pierre Landry
HighGUI defines a class name CvvImage that wraps the IplImage structure
and exposes two interesting methods called 'Show' and 'DrawToHDC'

void  CvvImage::Show( HDC dc, int x, int y, int w, int h, int from_x,
int from_y )

void  CImage::DrawToHDC( HDC hDCDst, RECT* pDstRect )

Both method uses Windows Device Context (HDC) that is usually found in
Win32 API...

You could try to intercept your form's paint event and use this to draw
the image in the appropriate place in your form...

Good luck!

Enrique López Mañas wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I might ask for help regarding this issue in the list, because I´m pretty
> sure someone dealt with this in the past.
>
> I have coded an application for Visual C++ Express. It basically consists on
> a VC++ Form and a OpenCV windows displaying video. At some point I recollect
> the information from the OpenCV Video Window, and I reflect it on the VC++
> Form.
>
> After finishing the first draft of the application, I was considering
> improving the interface. The first natural step will be to integrate both
> OpenCV Window and VC++ Form. I´ve checking the code for cvNamedWindow, and
> it uses Win32 API (as expected). I´ve looking on the internet, and most of
> the solutions came by using MFC (which I do not use) or moving to .NET (so
> late).
>
> Does anyone of you have faced this problem? Does anyone has solutions or
> guidances?
>
> Best,
>
> Enrique

Re: Re: Integration of WinForm from OpenCV and Visual C++

Enrique López Mañas
Merci Jean-Pierre!

Seems kind of tricky solution, but makes sense. I´ve playing around with the
functions, and I regret not having used Win32 API for this project, now is
late to restart it :(.

I will check how I can access to the paint event of the Visual C++ forms. If
anyone has any other recommendation please let me know (and if I can solve
this problem I´ll share with you the regards.

Cheers,

Enrique

2009/11/10 Jean-Pierre Landry <[hidden email]>

> HighGUI defines a class name CvvImage that wraps the IplImage structure
> and exposes two interesting methods called 'Show' and 'DrawToHDC'
>
> void CvvImage::Show( HDC dc, int x, int y, int w, int h, int from_x,
> int from_y )
>
> void CImage::DrawToHDC( HDC hDCDst, RECT* pDstRect )
>
> Both method uses Windows Device Context (HDC) that is usually found in
> Win32 API...
>
> You could try to intercept your form's paint event and use this to draw
> the image in the appropriate place in your form...
>
> Good luck!
>

> Enrique López Mañas wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I might ask for help regarding this issue in the list, because I´m pretty
> > sure someone dealt with this in the past.
> >
> > I have coded an application for Visual C++ Express. It basically consists
> on
> > a VC++ Form and a OpenCV windows displaying video. At some point I
> recollect
> > the information from the OpenCV Video Window, and I reflect it on the
> VC++
> > Form.
> >
> > After finishing the first draft of the application, I was considering
> > improving the interface. The first natural step will be to integrate both
> > OpenCV Window and VC++ Form. I´ve checking the code for cvNamedWindow,
> and
> > it uses Win32 API (as expected). I´ve looking on the internet, and most
> of
> > the solutions came by using MFC (which I do not use) or moving to .NET
> (so
> > late).
> >
> > Does anyone of you have faced this problem? Does anyone has solutions or
> > guidances?
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Enrique

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Enrique López

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: Integration of WinForm from OpenCV and Visual C++

R u p e s h S h e t
Hello,

If your using .NET form then follwoing is sugesstion.

Use picture box on Form...Convert your IplImage to Bitmap Image and Show that picture box.

Here is code to do that.

void IplImageToBitmap(IplImage* ipl,System::Windows::Forms::PictureBox^ picturebox)
{
System::Drawing::Bitmap^ btmp;
if (ipl->depth == 8)
{
if (ipl->nChannels == 3)
{
btmp = gcnew System::Drawing::Bitmap(ipl->width , ipl->height , ipl->widthStep , System::Drawing::Imaging::PixelFormat::Format24bppRgb,
(System::IntPtr)ipl->imageData);
}

else
{
btmp= gcnew System::Drawing::Bitmap(ipl->width , ipl->height , ipl->widthStep , System::Drawing::Imaging::PixelFormat::Format8bppIndexed ,
(System::IntPtr)ipl->imageData);
}
picturebox->Image =btmp;

Hope this will help

Rupesh

Seems kind of tricky solution, but makes sense. I´ve playing around with the
functions, and I regret not having used Win32 API for this project, now is
late to restart it :(.

I will check how I can access to the paint event of the Visual C++ forms. If
anyone has any other recommendation please let me know (and if I can solve
this problem I´ll share with you the regards.

Cheers,

Enrique

2009/11/10 Jean-Pierre Landry <[hidden email]>

> HighGUI defines a class name CvvImage that wraps the IplImage structure
> and exposes two interesting methods called 'Show' and 'DrawToHDC'
>
> void CvvImage::Show( HDC dc, int x, int y, int w, int h, int from_x,
> int from_y )
>
> void CImage::DrawToHDC( HDC hDCDst, RECT* pDstRect )
>
> Both method uses Windows Device Context (HDC) that is usually found in
> Win32 API...
>
> You could try to intercept your form's paint event and use this to draw
> the image in the appropriate place in your form...
>
> Good luck!
>

> Enrique López Mañas wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I might ask for help regarding this issue in the list, because I´m pretty
> > sure someone dealt with this in the past.
> >
> > I have coded an application for Visual C++ Express. It basically consists
> on
> > a VC++ Form and a OpenCV windows displaying video. At some point I
> recollect
> > the information from the OpenCV Video Window, and I reflect it on the
> VC++
> > Form.
> >
> > After finishing the first draft of the application, I was considering
> > improving the interface. The first natural step will be to integrate both
> > OpenCV Window and VC++ Form. I´ve checking the code for cvNamedWindow,
> and
> > it uses Win32 API (as expected). I´ve looking on the internet, and most
> of
> > the solutions came by using MFC (which I do not use) or moving to .NET
> (so
> > late).
> >
> > Does anyone of you have faced this problem? Does anyone has solutions or
> > guidances?
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Enrique

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Enrique López

Re: Integration of WinForm from OpenCV and Visual C++

Jean-Pierre Landry
You said earlier that you don't use MFC for your forms...
How do you go about designing/creating your forms ?
I thought (mistakenly...?) that you wanted/searched for solutions
involving Win32API ?

Enrique López Mañas wrote:

> Merci Jean-Pierre!
>
> Seems kind of tricky solution, but makes sense. I´ve playing around with the
> functions, and I regret not having used Win32 API for this project, now is
> late to restart it :(.
>
> I will check how I can access to the paint event of the Visual C++ forms. If
> anyone has any other recommendation please let me know (and if I can solve
> this problem I´ll share with you the regards.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Enrique
>
> 2009/11/10 Jean-Pierre Landry <[hidden email]>
>

>> HighGUI defines a class name CvvImage that wraps the IplImage structure
>> and exposes two interesting methods called 'Show' and 'DrawToHDC'
>>
>> void CvvImage::Show( HDC dc, int x, int y, int w, int h, int from_x,
>> int from_y )
>>
>> void CImage::DrawToHDC( HDC hDCDst, RECT* pDstRect )
>>
>> Both method uses Windows Device Context (HDC) that is usually found in
>> Win32 API...
>>
>> You could try to intercept your form's paint event and use this to draw
>> the image in the appropriate place in your form...
>>
>> Good luck!
>>

>> Enrique López Mañas wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I might ask for help regarding this issue in the list, because I´m pretty
>>> sure someone dealt with this in the past.
>>>
>>> I have coded an application for Visual C++ Express. It basically consists
>> on
>>> a VC++ Form and a OpenCV windows displaying video. At some point I
>> recollect
>>> the information from the OpenCV Video Window, and I reflect it on the
>> VC++
>>> Form.
>>>
>>> After finishing the first draft of the application, I was considering
>>> improving the interface. The first natural step will be to integrate both
>>> OpenCV Window and VC++ Form. I´ve checking the code for cvNamedWindow,
>> and
>>> it uses Win32 API (as expected). I´ve looking on the internet, and most
>> of
>>> the solutions came by using MFC (which I do not use) or moving to .NET
>> (so
>>> late).
>>>
>>> Does anyone of you have faced this problem? Does anyone has solutions or
>>> guidances?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Enrique

Re: Re: Integration of WinForm from OpenCV and Visual C++

Enrique López Mañas
Hi, and thank you Rupesh.

I'm unfortunately using Visual C++, but this solution might be feasible as
well. I've never thought of that :P.

Even transforming the IplImage into Bitmap Image, copying into a file and
setting up as the background of a panel seems feasible. I will try this
tomorrow, and let you know the results.

Thanks to all!

Enrique

2009/11/11 R u p e s h S h e t <[hidden email]>

> Hello,
>
> If your using .NET form then follwoing is sugesstion.
>
> Use picture box on Form...Convert your IplImage to Bitmap Image and Show
> that picture box.
>
> Here is code to do that.
>
> void
> IplImageToBitmap(IplImage* ipl,System::Windows::Forms::PictureBox^
> picturebox)
> {
> System::Drawing::Bitmap^ btmp;
> if (ipl->depth == 8)
> {
> if (ipl->nChannels == 3)
> {
> btmp =
> gcnew System::Drawing::Bitmap(ipl->width , ipl->height , ipl->widthStep ,
> System::Drawing::Imaging::PixelFormat::Format24bppRgb,
> (System::IntPtr)ipl->imageData);
> }
>  else
> {
> btmp=
> gcnew System::Drawing::Bitmap(ipl->width , ipl->height , ipl->widthStep ,
> System::Drawing::Imaging::PixelFormat::Format8bppIndexed ,
> (System::IntPtr)ipl->imageData);
> }
> picturebox->Image =btmp;
> }
> }
>
> Hope this will help
>
> Rupesh

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Enrique López

Re: Re: Integration of WinForm from OpenCV and Visual C++

Enrique López Mañas
Hello all,

I finally solved this issue using the suggestion from Rupesh. Here is the
C++ code:

void IplImageToTBitmap (IplImage* image){
    System::Drawing::Bitmap^ bitmap = gcnew
Bitmap(image->height,image->width *
image->nChannels,System::Drawing::Imaging::PixelFormat::Format24bppRgb);
    int numberOfLines= image->height;
    int numberOfColums= image->width ;//* image->nChannels;
    int step= image->widthStep;
    unsigned char* data=reinterpret_cast<unsigned char*>(image->imageData);
    for(int i=0; i<numberOfLines; i++){
        for(int j=0; j<numberOfColums; j+= image->nChannels){

bitmap->SetPixel(j/3,i,Color::FromArgb(data[j],data[j+1],data[j+2]));

        }
        data+= step;
    }
    this->panel2->BackgroundImage = bitmap;
}

Using the sentence   this->panel2->BackgroundImage = bitmap;  I manage to
write the image to a Panel Object (and definitely every object able to
support bitmaps).

Now I´m trying to work just with the frames from OpenCV not displaying the
video (that means, commenting the line  cvNamedWindow( "video", 1 );)
Nevertheless, the program gets frozen and I´m not able to use it. I´m
thinking about doing some stuff with Threads (using a Thread for OpenCV and
a different one for the GUI), but any advice will be welcome :)

Regards

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Enrique López