Quantcast

License plate recognition project

12

License plate recognition project

dexmac-2
License plate recognition

Hi, I want to share my license plate recognition software. It is on
http://www.dexmac.com/index.php/software/114-plategatewayqt where there is the
complete source code (with QTCreator project), compile and install instructions,
a brief algorithm explanation, a demo video and a test video. Recognition is
done on avi video or ip camera live stream.

I hope this can be useful to community and I'm waiting for feedback

dexmac
www.dexmac.com

Re: License plate recognition project

Tony Marrero
That's really great work dexmac, thanks for sharing the code.

Kind Regards,
Tony

--- In [hidden email], "dexmac" <dexmac221@...> wrote:

> License plate recognition
>
> Hi, I want to share my license plate recognition software. It is on
> http://www.dexmac.com/index.php/software/114-plategatewayqt where there is the
> complete source code (with QTCreator project), compile and install instructions,
> a brief algorithm explanation, a demo video and a test video. Recognition is
> done on avi video or ip camera live stream.
>
> I hope this can be useful to community and I'm waiting for feedback
>
> dexmac
> www.dexmac.com

Re: License plate recognition project

Sergio Sadaniowsky
Execellent work Dexmac !! thanks for that code ,

Hi from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Saludos
Sergio Sadaniowsky

Re: License plate recognition project

dexmac-2
Thanks! I'm waiting for feedback and suggestions to enhance this project.

dexmac
www.dexmac.com

--- In [hidden email], Sergio Sadaniowsky <sergio6678@...> wrote:

> Execellent work Dexmac !! thanks for that code ,
>
> Hi from Buenos Aires, Argentina
>
> 2011/7/18 Tony Marrero <tony4marrero@...>
>
> > **
> >

> > That's really great work dexmac, thanks for sharing the code.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Tony
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], "dexmac" <dexmac221@> wrote:
> > >
> > > License plate recognition
> > >
> > > Hi, I want to share my license plate recognition software. It is on
> > > http://www.dexmac.com/index.php/software/114-plategatewayqt where there
> > is the
> > > complete source code (with QTCreator project), compile and install
> > instructions,
> > > a brief algorithm explanation, a demo video and a test video. Recognition
> > is
> > > done on avi video or ip camera live stream.
> > >
> > > I hope this can be useful to community and I'm waiting for feedback
> > >
> > > dexmac
> > > www.dexmac.com
> > >

> --
> Saludos
> Sergio Sadaniowsky

Re: License plate recognition project

Jose Miranda
Hi Sergio:

   Don't get mad of me buddy, but I'm very intrigued with one word that I can't
understand when watching football games, mainly from countries spanish speaking
in all Americas. When the goalkeeper moves to kick the ball, the crew says
something.... What is it? Can you please tell me?
   Just in case, I also enjoyed the license plate stuff.

   Howdy from Brazil.
   Thanks.
   Jose.

________________________________

ong

Re: License plate recognition project

ong
do you have License plate extraction in MatLab code? if have, can you share to me.

--- In [hidden email], "dexmac" <dexmac221@...> wrote:

> Thanks! I'm waiting for feedback and suggestions to enhance this project.
>
> dexmac
> www.dexmac.com
>
> --- In [hidden email], "Tony Marrero" <tony4marrero@> wrote:
> >
> > That's really great work dexmac, thanks for sharing the code.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Tony
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], "dexmac" <dexmac221@> wrote:
> > >
> > > License plate recognition
> > >
> > > Hi, I want to share my license plate recognition software. It is on
> > > http://www.dexmac.com/index.php/software/114-plategatewayqt where there is the
> > > complete source code (with QTCreator project), compile and install instructions,
> > > a brief algorithm explanation, a demo video and a test video. Recognition is
> > > done on avi video or ip camera live stream.
> > >
> > > I hope this can be useful to community and I'm waiting for feedback
> > >
> > > dexmac
> > > www.dexmac.com

Re: License plate recognition project

icarus
Tried posting a comment on the How-to page.

Followed the instructions very closely. The only difference between your
environment and mine is that you are on Ubuntu 11.04, and I am on CrunchBang
(a modern Debian based lean-n-mean distro). Everything progresses well, and
I did get the UINT_64 error, and fixed it by adding it in qmake DEFINES
variable etc., but when I rebuild_all finally, I get this error.

-----
g++ -m64 -Wl,-O1 -o PlateGatewayQt release/main.o release/muin.o
release/setupdialog.o release/plategateway.o release/plategatewayqt.o
release/plates.o release/moc_setupdialog.o release/moc_plategatewayqt.o
release/moc_plates.o    -L/usr/lib -lQtOpenGL -lopencv_legacy -lopencv_core
-lopencv_highgui -lopencv_objdetect
../FFmpeg-0.5.3/lib/linux64/libavformat.a
../FFmpeg-0.5.3/lib/linux64/libavcodec.a
../FFmpeg-0.5.3/lib/linux64/libavutil.a -lz -lm -rdynamic
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: release/plategateway.o: undefined reference to symbol
'cvApproxPoly'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'cvApproxPoly' is defined in DSO
/usr/local/lib/libopencv_imgproc.so.2.2 so try adding it to the linker
command line
/usr/local/lib/libopencv_imgproc.so.2.2: could not read symbols: Invalid
operation
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/icarus/work/dexmac/PlateGatewayQt'
make: Leaving directory `/home/icarus/work/dexmac/PlateGatewayQt'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [PlateGatewayQt] Error 1
make: *** [release] Error 2
The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building project PlateGatewayQt (target: Desktop)
When executing build step ''
-----

Icarus.

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:56 PM, dexmac <[hidden email]> wrote:

> **
>

> License plate recognition
>
> Hi, I want to share my license plate recognition software. It is on
> http://www.dexmac.com/index.php/software/114-plategatewayqt where there is
> the
> complete source code (with QTCreator project), compile and install
> instructions,
> a brief algorithm explanation, a demo video and a test video. Recognition
> is
> done on avi video or ip camera live stream.
>
> I hope this can be useful to community and I'm waiting for feedback
>
> dexmac
> www.dexmac.com

Re: License plate recognition project

dexmac-2
hi

i never seen an error like this during my developing process.

Try to use this code (square finding)

http://www-robotics.cs.umass.edu/Documentation/MotionTrackingFeatureAndContourFinding

as stand alone program and recompile it with your linux...

if you use square.cpp in opencv cpp sample you can create an alternative FindSquares

otherwise try to check -m64 and -O1 options...

dexmac
www.dexmac.com

--- In [hidden email], Icarus Alive <icarus.alive@...> wrote:

> Tried posting a comment on the How-to page.
>
> Followed the instructions very closely. The only difference between your
> environment and mine is that you are on Ubuntu 11.04, and I am on CrunchBang
> (a modern Debian based lean-n-mean distro). Everything progresses well, and
> I did get the UINT_64 error, and fixed it by adding it in qmake DEFINES
> variable etc., but when I rebuild_all finally, I get this error.
>
> -----
> g++ -m64 -Wl,-O1 -o PlateGatewayQt release/main.o release/muin.o
> release/setupdialog.o release/plategateway.o release/plategatewayqt.o
> release/plates.o release/moc_setupdialog.o release/moc_plategatewayqt.o
> release/moc_plates.o    -L/usr/lib -lQtOpenGL -lopencv_legacy -lopencv_core
> -lopencv_highgui -lopencv_objdetect
> ../FFmpeg-0.5.3/lib/linux64/libavformat.a
> ../FFmpeg-0.5.3/lib/linux64/libavcodec.a
> ../FFmpeg-0.5.3/lib/linux64/libavutil.a -lz -lm -rdynamic
> -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread
> /usr/bin/ld: release/plategateway.o: undefined reference to symbol
> 'cvApproxPoly'
> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'cvApproxPoly' is defined in DSO
> /usr/local/lib/libopencv_imgproc.so.2.2 so try adding it to the linker
> command line
> /usr/local/lib/libopencv_imgproc.so.2.2: could not read symbols: Invalid
> operation
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/icarus/work/dexmac/PlateGatewayQt'
> make: Leaving directory `/home/icarus/work/dexmac/PlateGatewayQt'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [PlateGatewayQt] Error 1
> make: *** [release] Error 2
> The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
> Error while building project PlateGatewayQt (target: Desktop)
> When executing build step ''
> -----
>

> Icarus.
>

> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:56 PM, dexmac <dexmac221@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >

> > License plate recognition
> >
> > Hi, I want to share my license plate recognition software. It is on
> > http://www.dexmac.com/index.php/software/114-plategatewayqt where there is
> > the
> > complete source code (with QTCreator project), compile and install
> > instructions,
> > a brief algorithm explanation, a demo video and a test video. Recognition
> > is
> > done on avi video or ip camera live stream.
> >
> > I hope this can be useful to community and I'm waiting for feedback
> >
> > dexmac
> > www.dexmac.com

Re: License plate recognition project

dexmac-2
hi

it is only in c++

dexmac
www.dexmac.com

--- In [hidden email], "ong" <babyong1222@...> wrote:

> do you have License plate extraction in MatLab code? if have, can you share to me.
>
> --- In [hidden email], "dexmac" <dexmac221@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks! I'm waiting for feedback and suggestions to enhance this project.
> >
> > dexmac
> > www.dexmac.com
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], "Tony Marrero" <tony4marrero@> wrote:
> > >
> > > That's really great work dexmac, thanks for sharing the code.
> > >
> > > Kind Regards,
> > > Tony

Re: License plate recognition project

icarus

Solved it by adding -lopencv_imgproc in qmake parameters. Wonder why you
didn't see it. I am on:
gcc-4.6.1
ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.21.52.20110606

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but find it unlikely.

Plan to play around with it. I plan to try it with some el-cheapo Chinese
cam, that streams mjpeg. Is there something specific to AXIS cams in there ?

cheers,
Icarus

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 7:08 PM, dexmac <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > Error while building project PlateGatewayQt (target: Desktop)
> > When executing build step ''
> > -----
> >

> > Icarus.
> >

> > On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:56 PM, dexmac <dexmac221@...> wrote:
> >
> > > **
> > >

> > > License plate recognition
> > >
> > > Hi, I want to share my license plate recognition software. It is on
> > > http://www.dexmac.com/index.php/software/114-plategatewayqt where
> there is
> > > the
> > > complete source code (with QTCreator project), compile and install
> > > instructions,
> > > a brief algorithm explanation, a demo video and a test video.
> Recognition
> > > is
> > > done on avi video or ip camera live stream.
> > >
> > > I hope this can be useful to community and I'm waiting for feedback

Reza Zandieh
hi dexmac

I have installed your application on ubuntu 11.04.
but I cannot play the avi files.

following is my log when I start the application on the konsole :

libpng warning: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.44
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.4.3
libpng warning: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.44
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.4.3
libpng warning: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.44
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.4.3
libpng warning: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

and following is my log when I load the avi :

    Open filename /home/reza/Desktop/Movie.avi

and following is my log when I play the avi file :

    unable to open file avi
    file opened!
    Close Thread

HamidReza

________________________________
> do you have License plate extraction in MatLab code? if have, can you share to me.
>
> --- In [hidden email], "dexmac" <dexmac221@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks! I'm waiting for feedback and suggestions to enhance this project.
> >
> > dexmac
> > www.dexmac.com
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], "Tony Marrero" <tony4marrero@> wrote:
> > >
> > > That's really great work dexmac, thanks for sharing the code.
> > >
> > > Kind Regards,
> > > Tony

Re: License plate recognition project

dexmac-2
hi

probably you have installed libpng-1.2.44-dev but with libpng-1.4.3.so but i don't know how it can be ...

for avi, try http://www.dexmac.com/src/fake_plate.avi

probably your avi file format is not supported or opencv are not compiled with complete ffmpeg support (or try to use only video track, use ffmpeg tool to eliminate audio track).

dexmac
www.dexmac.com

--- In [hidden email], Reza Zandieh <ray_zandieh@...> wrote:

> hi dexmac
>
> I have installed your application on ubuntu 11.04.
> but I cannot play the avi files.
>
> following is my log when I start the application on the konsole :
>
> libpng warning: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
> libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.44
> libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.4.3
> libpng warning: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
> libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.44
> libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.4.3
> libpng warning: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
> libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.44
> libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.4.3
> libpng warning: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
>

> and following is my log when I load the avi :
>
>     Open filename /home/reza/Desktop/Movie.avi
>

> and following is my log when I play the avi file :
>
>     unable to open file avi
>     file opened!
>     Close Thread
>

> HamidReza
>

> ________________________________

Good job!

for el-cheapo Chinese camera:

there is a string in code "--boudary=.." find it and adapt it to your camera to receive mjpeg frames.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 11:50 AM, dexmac <[hidden email]> wrote:

> **
>

> Hi
>
> Good job!
>
> for el-cheapo Chinese camera:
>
> there is a string in code "--boudary=.." find it and adapt it to your
> camera to receive mjpeg frames.
>
> Thanks @dexmac. Will do so.
In the mean time, I observed that the moment the license-plate bounding box
is detected, I start getting these messages...

icarus@crunchex:~/work/dexmac/PlateGatewayQt$ ./PlateGatewayQt
Open filename /home/icarus/work/dexmac/fake_plate.avi
file opened!
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
(null): EOF / read error reading magic number
Close Thread

until, I hit the 'Stop' button. Any idea, which file-op that might be coming
from and why ?

Playing with the fake_plate.avi file, I find that the bounding box detection
works, as stated, and the 'Reconstructed Plate' image is continuously being
updated in real-time as well, however none of the Plates get recognized.
Initially I thought that it could be because gocr wasn't being invoked
properly, but from command-line, I found that gocr can be invoked and even
tried ocr on a static jpeg, which worked. Of course, I am not sure if gocr
is not being invoked in an expected fashion via the application here or not.
If gocr is not invoked properly, or reading it's result is the issue, it
could explain the "EOF / read error" messages as well.

~ Icarus.

> dexmac
> www.dexmac.com
>
> --- In [hidden email], Icarus Alive <icarus.alive@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Solved it by adding -lopencv_imgproc in qmake parameters. Wonder why you
> > didn't see it. I am on:
> > gcc-4.6.1
> > ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.21.52.20110606
> >
> > Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but find it unlikely.
> >
> > Plan to play around with it. I plan to try it with some el-cheapo Chinese
> > cam, that streams mjpeg. Is there something specific to AXIS cams in
> there ?
> >
> > cheers,
> > Icarus
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 7:08 PM, dexmac <dexmac221@...> wrote:
> >
> > > **
> > >

> > > hi
> > >
> > > i never seen an error like this during my developing process.
> > >
> > > Try to use this code (square finding)
> > >

> http://www-robotics.cs.umass.edu/Documentation/MotionTrackingFeatureAndContourFinding
> > >
> > > as stand alone program and recompile it with your linux...
> > >
> > > if you use square.cpp in opencv cpp sample you can create an
> alternative
> > > FindSquares
> > >
> > > otherwise try to check -m64 and -O1 options...
> > >
> > > dexmac
> > > www.dexmac.com

> your
> > > CrunchBang
> well,
> > > and
> DEFINES

> release/moc_plategatewayqt.o
> -lopencv_core
> linker
> Invalid

> > > there is
> > > Recognition

Re: License plate recognition project

dexmac-2
Hi Icarus

messages are related to pbm image, then is gocr ... it is probably able to read jpeg but is not compiled to read pbm (you can also try to use a jpeg, if you change the code)...

> [...]

> is not being invoked in an expected fashion via the application here or not.
> If gocr is not invoked properly, or reading it's result is the issue, it
> could explain the "EOF / read error" messages as well.
>
> ~ Icarus.
>

> > dexmac
> > www.dexmac.com
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], Icarus Alive <icarus.alive@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Solved it by adding -lopencv_imgproc in qmake parameters. Wonder why you
> > > didn't see it. I am on:
> > > gcc-4.6.1
> > > ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.21.52.20110606
> > >
> > > Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but find it unlikely.
> > >
> > > Plan to play around with it. I plan to try it with some el-cheapo Chinese
> > > cam, that streams mjpeg. Is there something specific to AXIS cams in

rakesh002
link is not working ....
please mail me all source code for LPR to rakesh.adroja@gmail.com
t-2

Re: License plate recognition project

t-2
Hi, can your code run in Visual Studio C++ 2010? Thanks

--- In [hidden email], "dexmac" <dexmac221@...> wrote:

> License plate recognition
>
> Hi, I want to share my license plate recognition software. It is on
> http://www.dexmac.com/index.php/software/114-plategatewayqt where there is the
> complete source code (with QTCreator project), compile and install instructions,
> a brief algorithm explanation, a demo video and a test video. Recognition is
> done on avi video or ip camera live stream.
>
> I hope this can be useful to community and I'm waiting for feedback
>
> dexmac
> www.dexmac.com

Re: License plate recognition project

mikeindi
I am getting the following error while running rake command

 rake
(in /home/mohit/Desktop/license-plate-master)
/home/mohit/Desktop/license-plate-master/Rakefile:7: warning: Insecure world writable dir /opt/mv_pro_5.0/montavista in PATH, mode 040777
/home/mohit/Desktop/license-plate-master/Rakefile:8: warning: Insecure world writable dir /opt/mv_pro_5.0/montavista in PATH, mode 040777
g++ -I/usr/local/include/opencv -I/usr/local/include  -o bin/plate_recognizer src/plate_recognizer.cpp /usr/local/lib/libopencv_calib3d.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_contrib.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_core.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_features2d.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_flann.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_gpu.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_highgui.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_imgproc.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_legacy.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_ml.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_nonfree.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_objdetect.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_photo.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_stitching.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_ts.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_video.so /usr/local/lib/libopencv_videostab.so
warning: Insecure world writable dir /opt/mv_pro_5.0/montavista in PATH, mode 040777
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file bin/plate_recognizer: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [g++ -I/usr/local/include/opencv -I/usr/loc...]
/home/mohit/Desktop/license-plate-master/Rakefile:15

Re: License plate recognition project

ayuyaj
Hi

I don't seem to find the source code from the site given. Would you please assist on how to find  it.

Regards.
12