Linking problems with codeblocks.

twhbender
I know there are a million answers to vista problems, but i think i'm
having a different problem. I am running vista 32 and code::blocks
8.02. I know my compiler(c++) is working because i can build and run
'hello world'. When i try to "#include <cv.h>", there is an error: no
such file or directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Linking problems with codeblocks.

bluekid ...
from  http://derindelimavi.blogspot.com/2007/09/opencvye-giri-1.html

Create New Project -> Console Application

Project->Build Options->Search directories -> Compiler

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gWjim15JgR4/RvyiMGimaNI/AAAAAAAAAI4/WfKL3CQpFWg/s400/3.JPG

Project->Build Options->Search directories -> Linker
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gWjim15JgR4/RvyiEmimaMI/AAAAAAAAAIw/ghSX3h09EIc/s1600-h/4.JPG

Project->Build Options->Linker Settings

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gWjim15JgR4/Rvyh62imaLI/AAAAAAAAAIo/jIy8cSNq1UU/s1600-h/5.JPG

2009/1/15 twhbender <[hidden email]>

>   I know there are a million answers to vista problems, but i think i'm
> having a different problem. I am running vista 32 and code::blocks
> 8.02. I know my compiler(c++) is working because i can build and run
> 'hello world'. When i try to "#include <cv.h>", there is an error: no
> such file or directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Re: Linking problems with codeblocks.

ollydbg23
--- In [hidden email], "twhbender" <twhbender@...> wrote:

> I know there are a million answers to vista problems, but i think i'm
> having a different problem. I am running vista 32 and code::blocks
> 8.02. I know my compiler(c++) is working because i can build and run
> 'hello world'. When i try to "#include <cv.h>", there is an error: no
> such file or directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

I gave you the answer in codebocks forum 2 hours ago.

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9931.0.html

Re: Linking problems with codeblocks.

david.demainlalune
--- In [hidden email], "twhbender" <twhbender@...> wrote:

> I know there are a million answers to vista problems, but i think
i'm
> having a different problem. I am running vista 32 and code::blocks
> 8.02. I know my compiler(c++) is working because i can build and run
> 'hello world'. When i try to "#include <cv.h>", there is an error:
no
> such file or directory. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Hi,

the following steps might help.

1. make sure the environment variable PATH contains the following
string: "C:\Program Files\OpenCV\bin;C:\Program
Files\OpenCV\otherlibs\highgui"

2. in CodeBlocks go to the menu "settings" then "compiler and
debugger"

3. in the "linker" panel add the following paths

C:\Program Files\OpenCV\lib\cv.lib
C:\Program Files\OpenCV\lib\cvaux.lib
C:\Program Files\OpenCV\lib\cxcore.lib
C:\Program Files\OpenCV\lib\highgui.lib

4. in the "search directories" panel, the first subPanel is
"compiler", add the following paths

C:\Program Files\OpenCV\cv\include
C:\Program Files\OpenCV\cvaux\include
C:\Program Files\OpenCV\cxcore\include
C:\Program Files\OpenCV\otherlibs\highgui

5. in the next subPanel called "linker", add the following path

C:\Program Files\OpenCV\lib

that's it. Hope this helps

best regards

david