Manually constructing a decision tree?

I have data containing a description of a decision tree from a non-OpenCV
classifier. I would like to encode this data into an OpenCV::DTrees object
so that I can use it for classification without having to train it (as I
don't have the original training data). Is there a way to do this? I looked
at the xml format that DTrees can write and it looks like it'd be pretty
tricky to hand-encode that. If there is no built-in way, is there at least
some documentation of the format that I can use to better understand the
fields and their relationships/orderings?

Thanks!

David