Multiple Camera Indexing.

opencv-users mailing list
Hi all,
 I am connecting multiple USB camera to my computer with Ubuntu 14.04. when I run my code, sometime it says camera indexing is incorrect. I googled for solution but not any convincing solution I found yet. Is there any efficient way to do that?.
 Is it possible to incorporate /dev/video0 to c++ code directly instead of using camera numbers for indexing?.

 Thanks in advance.

Re: Multiple Camera Indexing.

opencv-users mailing list
Not sure if this is what you're looking

http://answers.opencv.org/question/6696/videocapture-count-connected-cameras-windows-vs-os-x/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7322939/how-to-count-cameras-in-opencv-2-3

-----------------------
Thanks and Regards

Aman Verma
Member Technical Staff - Adobe Systems
Series of Experiments <https://seriesofexp.wordpress.com/>
About Me <http://nitsurat.acm.org/aman/>

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 9:26 AM, [hidden email] [OpenCV] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am connecting multiple USB camera to my computer with Ubuntu 14.04. when
> I run my code, sometime it says camera indexing is incorrect. I googled for
> solution but not any convincing solution I found yet. Is there any
> efficient way to do that?.
>
> Is it possible to incorporate /dev/video0 to c++ code directly instead of
> using camera numbers for indexing?.
>

> Thanks in advance.

Re: Multiple Camera Indexing.

opencv-users mailing list
Thank you Aman.
I am connecting four cameras to my computer, sometime when I run my code, there is a problem in camera indexing. I think usb device ID is assigned randomly, hence I like to to do something to get out the this indexing problem .