New to Opencv.

opencv-users mailing list
Hi all,I'm new to opencv and have been on the irc chat for close to 2 weeks now ,and would like to contribute code.I am new to open source and the code base of opencv is overwhelming . I have had some or the other problem while using eclipse for building the project(for example : https://github.com/Itseez/opencv_contrib/issues/477  : you cannot use a private header from outside of the opencv library , when trying to fix  ) . Would you suggest any other software which would be relatively easy than eclipse.
Thanks in advance ,Sourabh Kondapaka.