OCR Engine anyone?

joinvikas_24
HI,

I have been working on extracting text from images. I have to convert the
extracted character image to ascii character (editable text) and i need an OCR
engine for the same. Can anyone help me out with that. I am working on
recognizing english characters. Need to convert the bmp segment to text. I ve
implemented it in c#, hence would require an OCR which would be easy to
interface with the existing piece of code.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Vikas

Re: OCR Engine anyone?

liuliu_0503
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesseract_OCR

--- In [hidden email], "joinvikas_24" <joinvikas_24@...> wrote:

> HI,
>
> I have been working on extracting text from images. I have to convert the
> extracted character image to ascii character (editable text) and i need an OCR
> engine for the same. Can anyone help me out with that. I am working on
> recognizing english characters. Need to convert the bmp segment to text. I ve
> implemented it in c#, hence would require an OCR which would be easy to
> interface with the existing piece of code.
> Any help would be really appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vikas

Re: OCR Engine anyone?

davidmarcelo2003
I've just found this with opencv...
http://blog.damiles.com/?p=93

Regards,
2009/3/13 joinvikas_24 <[hidden email]>

>   HI,
>
> I have been working on extracting text from images. I have to convert the
> extracted character image to ascii character (editable text) and i need an
> OCR
> engine for the same. Can anyone help me out with that. I am working on
> recognizing english characters. Need to convert the bmp segment to text. I
> ve
> implemented it in c#, hence would require an OCR which would be easy to
> interface with the existing piece of code.
> Any help would be really appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vikas

Re: OCR Engine anyone?

wind39

gocr and tesseract are free OCR systems, easy to understand and pretty good.
But gocr is written in C, and tesseract in C++. So I don't know how to
integrate them with your system.

Bye.

--
William Ivanski
Linux User: #467966

Grupo IMAGO de Pesquisa em Computação Gráfica, Processamento de Imagens e
Visão Computacional
Departamento de Informática
Universidade Federal do Paraná

Re: OCR Engine anyone?

sunder raj-2

Hi vikas,

U can have a look at the OCR Example in EmguCV 1.5.0.1, c# wrapper for
OpenCV functions.
All u need is download "EmguCv 1.5.0.1 " and directly use it.

In that example "Tesseract OCR Engine" is directly called and u can pass
ur input image to it.

the only thing u need to do is to select "numeric only option" when u
run the program.

Al de Best.

Regards,
Sunder Raj .M

Re: OCR help required

Snit Roy
hi guys

opencv is a good tool but not enough for ocr.........eg.it has good option or making histogram but not good enough for making projection of binary images.is there any plugins are available for OCR by opencv??

plz help somehow...............i am running out of time...........

________________________________

--
William Ivanski
Linux User: #467966
Linux Machine: max #380955

Grupo IMAGO de Pesquisa em Computação Gráfica, Processamento de Imagens e
Visão Computacional
Departamento de Informática
Universidade Federal do Paraná

Re: Re: OCR Engine anyone?

Alper Yaman
I am developing license plate recognition system. It is almost completed except OCR module. I tried simply 2D correlation, however it is interestingly failed in some cases.

I cannot use tesseract because my program will run on Embedded card with Windows CE OS.
Hence, I want to try knearest or neural network backpropogation by myself. I need train data for plate characters. Does anyone know where I can get ready-mate train data?
Best regards,
Alper