Object identification and localization in a building with multiple wifi cameras an opencv...

Object identification and localization in a building with multiple wifi cameras an opencv...

opencv-users mailing list
I am pretty new to opencv.  I have gone through some of the demos in C++ and Python, just to get a feel for the api's.

 I have an idea for a home automation project that would include a central server running opencv and multiple wifi cameras throughout the house.  What I envision doing is being able to locate a person or pet to a specific room in the house and then tracking that person, or pet, from room to room, turning on/off lights and/or appliances as the person enters and leaves a room.  Essentially, having some level of automation by knowing an occupant's location.

Is this possible with OpenCV currently?  I have seen that there is some level of face detection and object detection, but is it currently accurate enough to do what I outline above, or should I be looking someplace else?

Thanks for any insight!