OpenCV, python, gcc, make, cygwin and friends

OpenCV, python, gcc, make, cygwin and friends

Stefán Freyr Stefánsson
Hello, I'm trying to build the OpenCV examples on Windows using cygwin... so
I installed the OpenCV binaries (for Windows), installed CMake, make, gcc
and gcc4 in Cygwin and then tried doing :

cd /cygdrive/c/OpenCV2.0
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
cmake .
make

First of all... I'm seeing a lot of "c++: unrecognized option '-pthread'"
messages and a little googling revealed that this should probably be
"-pthreads" and not "-pthread". What exactly is causing this is a mystery to
me though.

Second, it builds until at 42% it stops with an error stating:
/cygdrive/c/OpenCV2.0/src/cxcore/cxdxt.cpp:59: error: expected `)' before
'/' token

Does anybody have any idea what's going on? Am I doing it wrong? What I
would like is to get the OpenCV examples up and running, especially the
Python examples and having the OpenCV Python bindings working with the
Cygwin Python setup. If there is a good, recommended way of adding the
OpenCV python bindings to the python path dynamically, I would prefer that
as opposed to adding them to site-packages (I'm not a big fan of this global
package installation scheme).

If anybody can help me with this I'd very much appreciate it.

One last question. If I get this working and the OpenCV stuff builds for me
within cygwin, won't I be able to use that for both the Cygwin Python setup
as well as any Windows Python setup that I might decide setting up? The
Cygwin environment is my number one priority but having it work with the
Windows environment would definitely be an added bonus.

Best regards, Stefan Freyr.