Problems with OpenCV

Jamshid Dastur
I've installed OpenCV on my system Pentium4 with HT, but when i run any
executable like haartraining i get the error of

"This application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect. reinstalling the application may fix this
problem."

i read in an article that default executables do not support high
performance and dual core pc's so i need to recompile. I tried
recompiling using visual studio 2005 but when i compile i get error
message

"LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'highguid.lib'"

Can anyone please help out...
Thanks

Best Regards
Jamshid Dastur