Re: Modify facedetect.c for body detection

Re: Modify facedetect.c for body detection

supermay87
--- In [hidden email], "Marius Rusu" <poolixmar@...> wrote:

> Hi all. I am a very new user of OpenCV. Can anyone tell me how should
> I modify facedetect.c algorithm for detecting humab bodies not faces?
> I already have haarcascade_fullbody.xml, haarcascade_lowerbody.xml and
> haarcascade_upperbody.xml. How sould I load this classifiers? How
> shoul I change facedetect.c code to detect bodies?

I want to "haarcascade_fullbody.xml" can you send me

Re: Modify facedetect.c for body detection

wl2776
Administrator
> how should
> I modify facedetect.c algorithm for detecting humab bodies not faces?
> I already have haarcascade_fullbody.xml, haarcascade_lowerbody.xml and
> haarcascade_upperbody.xml. How sould I load this classifiers? How
> shoul I change facedetect.c code to detect bodies?

Just change the value of the variable cascade_name.

There is a call to cvHaarDetectObjects which does all the job.
This function doesn't care about what it searches - faces, bodies, cars, etc.
It just scans given image with a sliding window and compares window contents with
object description.

These xml files contain the descriptions.
You can find rather verbose manuals about how to create your own object descriptions.