Re: Re: [OpenCV] I am desperate, Need some help in measuring an object through camera

Re: Re: [OpenCV] I am desperate, Need some help in measuring an object through camera

Francisco Ares
Hi

Take a look at:
http://opencv.itseez.com/modules/imgproc/doc/structural_analysis_and_shape_descriptors.html#findcontours
and others on the same page.

Surely you will need the basics before, like how to acquire and create a
cv::Mat, the natural C++ API type for an image for OpenCV.

Francisco

Em , Houman Kargaran <[hidden email]> escreveu:

> Fair enough mate.Firstly Thank you for your response.

> I have signed a confidentiality agreement with the client so I cant say
> what is the actual product however I can give you the characteristics of
> it.

> This object is a flat object something like Samsung or iPhone with more
> curves on the outside.

> Fir this Application user has to put this object on an A4 sheet white
> paper. So OpenCV needs to measure this flat object in this A4 sheet.

> Cheers

> Thank you in advance.

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Shervin Emami [hidden email]>
> wrote:

> To expect any help, you need better info than "i need to measure an
> object", because this can mean many different things. eg: do you just
> want to know how many pixels wide & high it is in the image, or you need
> to know how big it is in the 3D world, and what object is it, since you
> need to detect it somehow. if it is a soccerball then you would use
> different solutions than if it was a car or a person, etc.

> Cheers,
> Shervin Emami.
> http://www.shervinemami.info/openCV.html

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:09 AM, houman_ka [hidden email]>
> wrote:

> Hi guys,

> I am very new to OpenCV.

> I want to see if the below senario is possible. As I am very desperate to
> find a solution.

> I have got an iPhone app that needs to measure small objects length.

> These objects are different sizes.

> User will take the photo form this specific object, then I need to
> measure the length of this object. After that I will send all of these
> data to an external server to find a match and return the result.

> I have done all the parts of this project except for the measuring.

> I have searched internet inside out. I left so many comments and topics
> on COCOAHead (iOS) regarding this issue no result yet.

> If OpenCV solve then where should I start or is there anyone to help me
> (I will page for it :)

> Thank you in advance

> Houman Ka

> --
> Ballarat - VIC 3350
> Australia
> Mobile: 0418 659 160

Re: Re: [OpenCV] I am desperate, Need some help in measuring an object through camera

vaclav_sal

With all of the respect to you geeks who want to run before you have managed to walk:
No more
...urgent...
...desperate...
...help...

You should have some clue how to program and DEBUG before using a LIBRARY likes OpenCV.

This board is sounding more and more like bunch of cry babies – or are these homework assignments?

Baby steps!

Please!

Re: Re: [OpenCV] I am desperate, Need some help in measuring an object through camera

houman_ka
Hang on mate,
I am NOT an OpenCV developer.

I will pay for the help I did not ask for free stuff. This is the best
place to find people who know OpenCV inside out. Ask iOS, Android, PERL,
PHP, Ruby and I am you man.
I have no time to learn this Library, so I am seeking an expert for this
part of the project.

If some one asking for help and trying to use this group to learn from zero
without any research then you are right, This is not a right place to ask.

Cheers

--
Ballarat -  VIC  3350
Australia