Re: cvBlob: alternative to cvBlobLib

roguex360
I have downloaded the latest version of your library, 0.9.5, but I
have been unable to use it.  I just find the instructions confusing.

I have also been unable to get cvBlobsLib to work, which is what led
me to your library as an alternative.

I am using OpenCV 1.0 with Visual Studio 2008 on Vista Home Premium 64
Bit, and OpenCV works fine, just I want to install one of the 2 Blob
libraries to identify components of binary images.

Could anyone tell me exactly what to do to install and use this library?

Or alternatively, what I need to do to install and use the original
cvBlobsLib?

Thanks in advance for any help!

--- In [hidden email], "ccarnerolinan" <grendel.ccl@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This days I have been working in cvBlob again. I have released many
> versions. Last is 0.9.4.
>
> Now labeling detects pixels in borders. Plus, I have added a function
> to render blobs using colors, bounding boxes,... Very pretty :)
>
> I'm making packages frequently ( http://code.google.com/p/cvblob/
> downloads/list ), but I suggest you to keep an eye on the repository
> ( http://code.google.com/p/cvblob/source/checkout ).
>
> I have a few ideas to implement, if you have one, tell me ;)
>
> Thanks to everyone who has shown interest in this project.
>
> PS: It's need heavy testing so use with caution.
>
> --- In [hidden email], "ccarnerolinan" <grendel.ccl@>
> wrote:
> >
> > This is something I coded for my degree project because cvBlobLib
> > didn't appear to do what I needed.
> >
> > The project is hosting in http://code.google.com/p/cvblob/
> >
> > Pros:
> > * Binary image labeling.
> > * Blob orientation angle, area, centroid, bounding box,...
> > * Interface similar to OpenCV, trying to follow OpenCV coding style.
> >
> > Cons:
> > * It could be much faster.
> > * Uses STL.
> >
> > I hope this will be useful to someone.
> >
> > Bye!

Re: cvBlob: alternative to cvBlobLib

ccarnerolinan
Hello all,

I have just wrote a brief explanation of how to use my library
(cvBlob): http://code.google.com/p/cvblob/wiki/HowToUse

In any case, both libraries (cvBlob and cvBlobLib) can be used only
adding all *.cpp and *.h to the Visual Studio project (OpenCV must be
well configured in the project, of course).

I will check the new alternative of Dave Grossman.

Regards,

Cristóbal Carnero Liñán