Quantcast

Re: shadow remove

fractalities

Hi,

I have worked on this before. It still need lots of works. You can see
my publication on background segmentation :
http://image.chonnam.ac.kr/arif/publications/icat06_paper.pdf

Common trick is to use color which separate intensity and color such
as HSV, YUV, or others.

Hope this helps.

Arif

--- In [hidden email], "mattia lipreri" <mattia.lipreri@...>
wrote:

> Hi,
> in OReilly openCv book I read:
>
> "Shadows are oft en a problem in background subtraction because they can
> show up
> as a foreground object. Use the averaging or codebook method of
background
> subtraction
> to learn the background. Have a person then walk in the foreground.
Shadows
> will "emanate" from the bottom of the foreground object.
> a. Outdoors, shadows are darker and bluer than their surround; use
this fact