Regarding frame-capturing using a web-camera

Regarding frame-capturing using a web-camera

zhuq2000
Hi,

I use OpenCV to capture video frames for further process.The core code
is quite simple:

ShowCamVideo(HWND hwnd, int width, int height)
{
        int num = cvcamGetCamerasCount();
        if (num < 1) {
                return 0;
        }
        cvcamSetProperty(0, CVCAM_PROP_ENABLE, CVCAMTRUE);
        cvcamSetProperty(0, CVCAM_PROP_RENDER, CVCAMTRUE);
        cvcamSetProperty(0, CVCAM_PROP_CALLBACK, callback);
        cvcamSetProperty(0, CVCAM_PROP_WINDOW, &hwnd); // link to a window to
render each video frame
        cvcamSetProperty(0, CVCAM_RNDWIDTH, &width);
        cvcamSetProperty(0, CVCAM_RNDHEIGHT, &height);
        if( !cvcamInit() )
                return 0;
        cvcamStart();
        return 1;
}

It works perfect during the development, but I do encounter the
problems during the release stage of the binary package (I have
included all related OpenCV dlls).

1.Some users (not all of them) reported they are required to register
proxytrans.ax & syncfilter.ax. OK, I just include these two filters.
2.After registering these two filters, the users can see the camera
input just for a few seconds, but then the video input is totally
freeze ...

I did some study and it might be caused by directshow. Should I ask
them to install directshow (obviously it is not a wise solution)? If
anyone can give me some clues to solve this problem more clever, it
would be great!

Thanks for your reading...

John