Regarding openmp in openCV

ketsthe_one
Hey guys,
i am completely new to opencv. I wanted to know if a parallel version
of opencv is already available (either using openmp or anything else)
If so can you direct me to this version and its installing instructions

Thank you
Ketan

Re: Regarding openmp in openCV

riddick5112
--- In [hidden email], "ketsthe_one" <ketan.umare@...> wrote:

> Hey guys,
> i am completely new to opencv. I wanted to know if a parallel version
> of opencv is already available (either using openmp or anything else)
> If so can you direct me to this version and its installing instructions
>
> Thank you
> Ketan

Hi

A parallel version using openmp is available.
You can compile it by yourself, it is very easy.
If you are working on GNU/Linux debian binary packages can be found
for 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 releases.

--- In [hidden email], "riddick5112" <riddick5112@...> wrote:

> --- In [hidden email], "ketsthe_one" <ketan.umare@> wrote:
> >
> > Hey guys,
> > i am completely new to opencv. I wanted to know if a parallel version
> > of opencv is already available (either using openmp or anything else)
> > If so can you direct me to this version and its installing
instructions

> > Thank you
> > Ketan
> >

> Hi
>
> A parallel version using openmp is available.
> You can compile it by yourself, it is very easy.
> If you are working on GNU/Linux debian binary packages can be found
> for 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 releases.

Hey thanx a lot riddick,
but i need the windows version. Can you give me the link to where i
can find them.

Thank you

Ketan

Re: Regarding openmp in openCV

riddick5112
--- In [hidden email], "ketsthe_one" <ketan.umare@...> wrote:

> --- In [hidden email], "riddick5112" <riddick5112@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], "ketsthe_one" <ketan.umare@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey guys,
> > > i am completely new to opencv. I wanted to know if a parallel
version
> > > of opencv is already available (either using openmp or anything
else)

> > > If so can you direct me to this version and its installing
> instructions
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > > Ketan
> > >

> > Hi
> >
> > A parallel version using openmp is available.
> > You can compile it by yourself, it is very easy.
> > If you are working on GNU/Linux debian binary packages can be found
> > for 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 releases.
> >

> Hey thanx a lot riddick,
> but i need the windows version. Can you give me the link to where i
> can find them.
>
> Thank you
>
> Ketan

Sorry Ketan
But I don't know anything about windows version
I am only a linux user

Re: Regarding openmp in openCV

ketsthe_one
--- In [hidden email], "riddick5112" <riddick5112@...> wrote:

> --- In [hidden email], "ketsthe_one" <ketan.umare@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], "riddick5112" <riddick5112@> wrote:

> version
> else)
> > instructions

> > > Hi
> > >
> > > A parallel version using openmp is available.
> > > You can compile it by yourself, it is very easy.
> > > If you are working on GNU/Linux debian binary packages can be found
> > > for 1.0.0 and 1.1.0 releases.
> > >

> > Hey thanx a lot riddick,
> > but i need the windows version. Can you give me the link to where i
> > can find them.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Ketan
> >

> Sorry Ketan
> But I don't know anything about windows version
> I am only a linux user

Hey riddick thanx a lot again for the prompt reply
i am a linux user too, can you tell me about the linux opencv-openmp
versions.
i will somehow figure out the windows versions...

thanx again dude

Re: Regarding openmp in openCV

wl2776
Administrator
I suggest you download source and compile it yourself.
To enable OpenMP, you should call
./configure  --enable-openmp=yes
and don't mention the output stating that openmp is disabled.

There is a comment about it somewhere in the depth of the configure file.

Re: Regarding openmp in openCV

riddick5112
--- In [hidden email], "ketsthe_one" <ketan.umare@...> wrote:

> --- In [hidden email], "riddick5112" <riddick5112@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], "ketsthe_one" <ketan.umare@> wrote:

> > version
> > else)
> > > instructions

found

> > > Hey thanx a lot riddick,
> > > but i need the windows version. Can you give me the link to where i
> > > can find them.
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > >
> > > Ketan
> > >

> > Sorry Ketan
> > But I don't know anything about windows version
> > I am only a linux user
> >

> Hey riddick thanx a lot again for the prompt reply
> i am a linux user too, can you tell me about the linux opencv-openmp
> versions.
> i will somehow figure out the windows versions...
>
> thanx again dude

I don't know what you want to know about linux opencv-openmp version...
In the 1.0.0 we had to patch source code to correct some gcc errors
but in the 1.1.0 I didn't need it.
To activate openmp (-fopenmp cflag) you can use configure script as it
has been told. In debian way we use debian/rules script.