SFM using OpenCV. Preferred Language?

opencv-users mailing list
Hello. I am working on 3D reconstruction from 2D images and I have found out that OpenCV is the best and economical tool for image processing. While studying about OpenCv I came to know about its C/C++ and Python interfaces. I read about the performance parameters regarding and each and now I am a bit confused, whether to use C/C++ or Python. I have prior experience in C and embedded C language but i dont know C++ or Python.
I tried to run some C++ examples on Visual studio 2013. The settings for OpenCV 3.0 and Visual studio are quite hectic. I had to do add libraries each time I make a new project. Is there any easyway?

Which language should I prefer C, C++ or Python?
Moreover I need literature on SFM, if you can provide any links kindly do it.

Thanks

Re: SFM using OpenCV. Preferred Language?

opencv-users mailing list
I would suggest C++.  Are you trying to make a physical 3D model or a3D graphic virtual model?  If physical look at US patent 5454069.  IIRC C source code was included.  If the patent has not expired it should very soon.