Sift in OpenCV

infomuis
I have fond Sift in implemented in OpenCV (SVN version)
(http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/OpenCV%20Ideas%202009)
Has somebody the API or a code example

With regards

InfoMuis

Re: Sift in OpenCV

Stefán Freyr Stefánsson
I have no experience with any SIFT implementation in OpenCV itself. However
I have been using an implementation done by Rob Hess at Oregon State
University that he built on top of OpenCV.
His code is very clean and it comes with applications that are easy to
understand.

http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~hess/
(it's under Code -> SIFT Feature Detector)

<http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~hess/>Best regards, Stefan Freyr.

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:51 AM, infomuis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have fond Sift in implemented in OpenCV (SVN version)
> (http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/OpenCV%20Ideas%202009)
> Has somebody the API or a code example
>
> With regards
>
> InfoMuis

Re: Sift in OpenCV

kokoronotomo09
According to what I know, there is no SIFT function in OpenCV until now. It is only SURF. Maybe, some months OpenCV will have a new version that supports SIFT.

So, if you want to implement SIFT, the Rob Hess's code is a good way.

Hope this help for you.
--- In [hidden email], Stefán Freyr Stefánsson <stefan.freyr@...> wrote:

> I have no experience with any SIFT implementation in OpenCV itself. However
> I have been using an implementation done by Rob Hess at Oregon State
> University that he built on top of OpenCV.
> His code is very clean and it comes with applications that are easy to
> understand.
>
> http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~hess/
> (it's under Code -> SIFT Feature Detector)
>
> <http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~hess/>Best regards, Stefan Freyr.
>
> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:51 AM, infomuis <jb@...> wrote:
>

> > I have fond Sift in implemented in OpenCV (SVN version)
> > (http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/OpenCV%20Ideas%202009)
> > Has somebody the API or a code example
> >
> > With regards
> >
> > InfoMuis

Re: Sift in OpenCV

infomuis
Thank you both for the information. I will wait till the next version. In the meantime I use SURF

With regards

InfoMuis

Re: Sift in OpenCV

infomuis