Stereo Imaging problem

eng_mhd_w
Dear All,

I have a problem with OpenCV Stereo Imaging. I am trying to
reconstruct 3D surfaces of real objects with good accuracy.

I applied the example 12-3 in chapter 12 from the book "Learning
OpenCV". I could get good results from cvFindChessboardCorners(),
cvDrawChessboardCorners() and cvFindCornerSubPix(), but when I reach
to function cvStereoCalibrate() I get an error message that stops
the program.

I tried a lot of possibilities but no results.

I checked all the variables and also the sequence of operation by
the debugger line by line, as a result every parameter has been
allocated properly.

Would you please tell me how to handle this problem? Is there some
special setting to the functions that can solve this error message?
Or the settings of camera physically on site maybe affect on
function cvStereoCalibrate() directly?

Any simple tested example concerning stereo calibration maybe can
help me.

Best regards,

eng_mhd_w

Re: Stereo Imaging problem

Ed Elston
My experience with the book example you are using is that it works
ONLY if all of the images find all of the chessboard corners.  Watch
closely and if they aren't located properly take them out of the
list.  As far as I can tell they must be drawn in color to be valid -
  not sure about this.

Ed

--- In [hidden email], "eng_mhd_w" <eng_mhd_w@...> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have a problem with OpenCV Stereo Imaging. I am trying to
> reconstruct 3D surfaces of real objects with good accuracy.
>
> I applied the example 12-3 in chapter 12 from the book "Learning
> OpenCV". I could get good results from cvFindChessboardCorners(),
> cvDrawChessboardCorners() and cvFindCornerSubPix(), but when I
reach

> to function cvStereoCalibrate() I get an error message that stops
> the program.
>
> I tried a lot of possibilities but no results.
>
> I checked all the variables and also the sequence of operation by
> the debugger line by line, as a result every parameter has been
> allocated properly.
>
> Would you please tell me how to handle this problem? Is there some
> special setting to the functions that can solve this error
message?

> Or the settings of camera physically on site maybe affect on
> function cvStereoCalibrate() directly?
>
> Any simple tested example concerning stereo calibration maybe can
> help me.
>
> Best regards,
>
> eng_mhd_w

Re: Stereo Imaging problem

mdale9_opencv

It isn't clear from your message but you must make sure that the
checkerboard images from each camera are taken either at the same
time, or you must make sure that the checkerboard does not move
between the taking of the left image and the right image.

If you have done this then I've no idea why your program failed :o(

What is the error message?
Martin.