Quantcast

Stroboscopy Camera

opencv-users mailing list
    HI Guys,
                  I want to develop a system using opencv for stroboscopy
in human vocal chord , please let me know any camera manufacturer who can
provide the hardware
Camera for recording high frequency object movement

   Thanks & Regards
  Somnath Mukherjee

Re: Stroboscopy Camera

opencv-users mailing list
Could you provide the resolution needed and the frame rate speed?

Many cameras provide a hardware digital output "strobe" signal, for
triggering the stroboscope illumination (do you already have it?) and a
digital input for triggering the image acquisition by an external
electrical pulse, but normally it will be able to run in "free-running"
mode, at top speed.

Francisco

[OpenCV] <[hidden email]>:

>     HI Guys,
>                   I want to develop a system using opencv for stroboscopy
> in human vocal chord , please let me know any camera manufacturer who can
> provide the hardware
> Camera for recording high frequency object movement
>

>    Thanks & Regards
>   Somnath Mukherjee

Re: Stroboscopy Camera

opencv-users mailing list
Hi
 Please have a look on this attachment[image: Inline image 3]

   Thanks & Regards
  Somnath Mukherjee
[hidden email]

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 6:21 PM, Francisco Ares [hidden email] [OpenCV] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you provide the resolution needed and the frame rate speed?
>
> Many cameras provide a hardware digital output "strobe" signal, for
> triggering the stroboscope illumination (do you already have it?) and a
> digital input for triggering the image acquisition by an external
> electrical pulse, but normally it will be able to run in "free-running"
> mode, at top speed.
>
> Francisco

> [OpenCV] <[hidden email]>:
>

>>     HI Guys,
>>                   I want to develop a system using opencv for stroboscopy
>> in human vocal chord , please let me know any camera manufacturer who can
>> provide the hardware
>> Camera for recording high frequency object movement
>>

>>    Thanks & Regards
>>   Somnath Mukherjee
>> [hidden email]

specs.png (162K) Download Attachment

Re: Stroboscopy Camera

opencv-users mailing list
From the line that says that the voice frequency ranges up to 1,000 Hz, I
suppose you will need, say, 10,000 images per second, as each Hz will need
some images to have good sampling of the vocal chords movements.

If this assumption is at least close to what you expect, you will be in
need of a very high speed camera.  The ones that I know - and they are very
few - record a video sequence, then it might be viewed through an analog
signal, or transmitted through some digital interface, including Gigabit
Ethernet, for instance.

Please look at this one (I'm not related to the manufacturer nor any
representative):

http://www.phantomhighspeed.com/Products/Phantom-Camera-Products

Their mid-size cameras claim to be able to provide 3,000 frames per second
at a 1 Gigapixel resolution.  As your specs are lower, it might be able to
provide faster frame rate.

There are many others, just look for "high speed camera".

Note that flash-strobing illumination on a slow speed camera will only
provide several light pulses illuminating the scene on each single image
frame acquired by the camera.  So, every frame will appear as several
pictures taken on an old film camera without advancing the film.

Hope this helps,
Francisco

[OpenCV] <[hidden email]>:

> Hi
>  Please have a look on this attachment[image: Inline image 3]
>

>    Thanks & Regards
>   Somnath Mukherjee
> [hidden email]
>
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 6:21 PM, Francisco Ares [hidden email] [OpenCV]
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Could you provide the resolution needed and the frame rate speed?
>>
>> Many cameras provide a hardware digital output "strobe" signal, for
>> triggering the stroboscope illumination (do you already have it?) and a
>> digital input for triggering the image acquisition by an external
>> electrical pulse, but normally it will be able to run in "free-running"
>> mode, at top speed.
>>
>> Francisco

>> [OpenCV] <[hidden email]>:
>>

>>>     HI Guys,
>>>                   I want to develop a system using opencv for
>>> stroboscopy in human vocal chord , please let me know any camera
>>> manufacturer who can provide the hardware
>>> Camera for recording high frequency object movement
>>>

>>>    Thanks & Regards
>>>   Somnath Mukherjee
>>> [hidden email]

specs.png (162K) Download Attachment

Re: Stroboscopy Camera

opencv-users mailing list
I you want to do "stroboscopy", you need just a normal video camera.

Stroboscopy, in voice applications, takes a frames every n cicles,
synchronizing with vocal emission through a microphone or manual tuning.

Different consideration applies if you want to obtain high speed
recording, that corresponds to the specs described below. Usually,
during these tests foice frequency is sensibly lower (it is difficult to
produce an high pitched voice with a lamp and a camera inside your
mouth). typical acquisition frequency is around 1200 frames/second.

Usually, in that case, you don't need a strobo light, but just a
hi-power source.

It could be a discofort for the patient, however. The amount of light
needed to obtain a good image quality at such a high speed (and short
exposure time) is quite high to be fed inside the patient trachea. You
will need a special illumination (google for high speed vocal fold
recording, not stroboscopy).

Best,

Leonardo

--
   Leonardo Bocchi                              [hidden email]
   Dept. of Information Engineering             Tel. +39 055 2758 538

part4.8384E32B.6BBF4873@unifi.it (162K) Download Attachment