Using OpenCV in commercial project

kha nguyen
Hello,
I am just wondering if there is any one using OpenCV in commercial software? If any one is using this, could you please give me an advice? Because I am considering if OpenCV can use for commercial project or not?
Please help.Thanks.

Re: Using OpenCV in commercial project

nghiaho12
OpenCV uses the BSD license so there is practically no restriction for commerical use. Have a look at the BSD license (quite short).

--- In [hidden email], kha nguyen <duongkha@...> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am just wondering if there is any one using OpenCV in commercial software? If any one is using this, could you please give me an advice? Because I am considering if OpenCV can use for commercial project or not?
> Please help.Thanks.

Re: Using OpenCV in commercial project

Matthias Schmieder
Hi there!
It Is true that opencv is under the BSD licence but Be careful there are some patented algorithms in the Library. Especially the SURF functionality and the Haar-cascades are risky for commercial purposes.

Regards Matthias