Visual Studio and deployment

sam_bouguerra
Hi-

I am still trying to figure out the best dev. environemnt and I am
wondering if I use VS 2008, would that make my code deployed only on
windows machine?

Thanks!!

Re: Visual Studio and deployment

ejorge19
--- In [hidden email], "sam_bouguerra" <sam_bouguerra@...> wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I am still trying to figure out the best dev. environemnt and I am
> wondering if I use VS 2008, would that make my code deployed only on
> windows machine?
>
> Thanks!!

It depends on the libraries you intend to use. OpenCV is fully
portable ( as far as I've used it).
As for other libraries,  I haven't worked with .NET for multiplatform
development (though I'd like to try mono someday), but I have done
some programs that run on both Windows and Linux using WxWidgets.