cvMat vs cvSparseMat

lombardijoseph
What is the difference between cvMat and cvSparseMat? I wish to create
a matrix and will continuously change the values inside it. Which is
the best to use in this case?

thanks

Re: cvMat vs cvSparseMat

conglong86_2006
I'm same you !
If you know it ,plz shade it with me !
thanks advanced!
--- In [hidden email], "lombardijoseph" <lombardijoseph@...>
wrote:

> What is the difference between cvMat and cvSparseMat? I wish to
create
> a matrix and will continuously change the values inside it. Which is
> the best to use in this case?
>
> thanks

Re: cvMat vs cvSparseMat

Xavier Delacour
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 8:07 PM, lombardijoseph
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> What is the difference between cvMat and cvSparseMat? I wish to create
> a matrix and will continuously change the values inside it. Which is
> the best to use in this case?

CvSparseMat is optimized for (usually large) matrices whose elements
are mostly zero. Neither matrix type presents much in the way of
restrictions in how frequently you can change its elements, though
CvMat is probably faster depending on your code.

Xavier