cylinderize image on coffee mug

opencv-users mailing list
Hi Team,

We want to cylinderize a image on coffee mug for our shoping cart project.
Can we do it in OpenCV? Please Help.

--
Have a nice day,
Regards,
Gautam G Gosavi

Re: cylinderize image on coffee mug

opencv-users mailing list
you need to do structure from motion. I hope you soon will have a module
in opencv_contrib devoted to perform multiview reconstruction where
given a set of correspondences between a sequence of images (in your
case pictures of a mug) you will get an estimated pointcloud.

On 23/09/15 12:09, Gautam Gosavi [hidden email] [OpenCV] wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> We want to cylinderize a image on coffee mug for our shoping cart
> project. Can we do it in OpenCV? Please Help.
>
> --
> Have a nice day,
> Regards,
> Gautam G Gosavi

Re: cylinderize image on coffee mug

OpenCV seems to have a function to do this (in 3.0 dev branch):

http://docs.opencv.org/master/d3/dd6/classcv_1_1detail_1_1CylindricalWarper.html#gsc.tab=0

Alternatively, in the link below, there is an OpenCV-based function which
projects each pixel in your source image onto a cylinder:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12017790/warp-image-to-appear-in-cylindrical-projection