face detection - cvLoad

Joe Egg
Hi!

I got a little problem with the face detection example from http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/FaceDetection .

My device is a PXA320 Limestone PDA Kit. There is WinCE 6.0 running on it. If I try running the code above I got:

"Unhandled exception at 0x41396520 in opencvtest2.exe: 0xC00000FD: Stack overflow.
The program '[0x5C0209A] opencvtest2.exe' has exited with code 1067 (0x42b). "

In the tutorial they say:
"A lot of people have been receiving an error while executing the following line:

cascade = (CvHaarClassifierCascade*)cvLoad(file_name,NULL, NULL, NULL);

The error looks like this: Unspecified error (The node does not represent a user object (unknown type?)) in function cvRead, C:\Program Files\OpenCV\cxcore\src\cxpersistence.cpp (5040)

The solution is to use cxcored.lib, cvd.lib and highguid.lib instead of cxcored_i7.lib, cv.lib and highgui.lib. You can use highgui.lib, but you get an error after the face detected image has been displayed and you're unloading it.

Another simple workaround is to call any function from cv.lib before the call to cvLoad. For example: create a dummy empty image, apply cvErode to it and release the image."

I tried something like this:
        IplImage* image= cvLoadImage("\\Program Files\\opencvtest2\\lena.jpg");              // load the image
        cvErode(image,image,0,3);
        cvReleaseImage(&image);

Is that okay?

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Best regards,
Joe

Re: [OpenCV] face detection - cvLoad

Robin Hewitt
Yeah, this seems to be a bug. I've encountered it too and posted a bug report. My workaround was simply to create a tiny image (8x8) release it, and then load the cascade. I didn't need to do more than that.

- Robin

________________________________

Re: face detection - cvLoad

senth54
I tried to see the Linker Command. Project -> <<yourApplicationName>>Properties -> Linker -> Command Line. I had linked opencv_objdetect220d - debug file hence included all the debug files in the Linker-> Input-> Additional Dependencies as opencv_core220d.lib;opencv_highgui220d.lib;opencv_imgproc220d.lib;. Placed all these files in the Debug folder of solution and Bingo it works fine.

Re: face detection - cvLoad

k.sundeep24

 I am using FrindlyARM9 board, want to develop opencv application for WinCE6.0..but able to compile it..can you provide any tutorial to develop opencv for Windows embedded CE6.0 in VS2005...pls help me

--- In [hidden email], Robin Hewitt <get_imaginary@...> wrote:

> Yeah, this seems to be a bug. I've encountered it too and posted a bug report. My workaround was simply to create a tiny image (8x8) release it, and then load the cascade. I didn't need to do more than that.
>
> - Robin

Re: face detection - cvLoad

Bob Davies
My time machine only goes back to 2008.  Sorry.