iplimage nSize 144 in 64bit systems

 I was adapting some old code that relied on CV 1.0 libraries and this code reads binary data into iplImages. It checks for the header size and it was expecting 112 (win 32bit) or 136 (win 64bit?) sizes, as pointers are bigger in 64bit arch. On my linux devel machine the total size of the iplImage structures ends up being 144 but if you sum the descriptors' size, it should be 136. Anyone know why this would be? I'm worried about future issues with this discrepancy...

 cheers