Quantcast

lane detection / car system

Roberto Spadim
hi guys, does anyone know a opensource project about lane detection,
pedestrian detection, car distance detection, zebra pedestrian
detection and others detections in car systems, using opencv and one
camera?
i will start a open project in this area, but before i want know if
i´m not rewriting the whell
anyone here know if some part of this system is being developed by any
other project?

the objetive is a 300USD device with camera, and arm based linux with
one input camera, one output video (RCA) or HUD (head up display) +
lane signals, pedestrian signal, distance signal
the eletronic is very easy i´m a eletronic engeneer and i developed
some cruise controls for fiat cars (punto and siena) using third part
components (not fiat components) and they run nice, so no problems
with eletronic, arm device isn´t a problem too, today have many linux
arm devices to develop, qemu help with arm develop and tests with
opencv

my needs are good programmers and some hobby entusiasts that don´t
have a bimmer (bmw) or mercedes, and want to use a advanced system in
their cars

anyone?

Roberto Spadim
Spadim Technology / SPAEmpresarial

RE: lane detection / car system

moh moh

Hi, i work on ADAS system's (lane and car detection) i hope to implement my code on embedded system.
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fiel5%2F4290054%2F4290055%2F04290265.pdf%3Farnumber%3D4290265&authDecision=-203
can i participate in your project ?

thanks
To: [hidden email]

Re: lane detection / car system

davidwarshowdiw08

I have been waiting for the day someone asked this! I would love to be part of an opensource project like this!

I am currently working on a lecture processing system and have some cv experience. I am a general electronics tinkerer and would love to test and/or help develop. I am currently in my fourth year of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science with a concentration on electronic education and assistive technology.

David Warshow
[hidden email]

--- In [hidden email], Roberto Spadim <roberto@...> wrote:

> hi guys, does anyone know a opensource project about lane detection,
> pedestrian detection, car distance detection, zebra pedestrian
> detection and others detections in car systems, using opencv and one
> camera?
> i will start a open project in this area, but before i want know if
> i´m not rewriting the whell
> anyone here know if some part of this system is being developed by any
> other project?
>
> the objetive is a 300USD device with camera, and arm based linux with
> one input camera, one output video (RCA) or HUD (head up display) +
> lane signals, pedestrian signal, distance signal
> the eletronic is very easy i´m a eletronic engeneer and i developed
> some cruise controls for fiat cars (punto and siena) using third part
> components (not fiat components) and they run nice, so no problems
> with eletronic, arm device isn´t a problem too, today have many linux
> arm devices to develop, qemu help with arm develop and tests with
> opencv
>
> my needs are good programmers and some hobby entusiasts that don´t
> have a bimmer (bmw) or mercedes, and want to use a advanced system in
> their cars
>
> anyone?
>
> --
> Roberto Spadim
> Spadim Technology / SPAEmpresarial

Re: lane detection / car system

Roberto Spadim
nice, currently i´m contacting people, just some days i will contact again
and check if we will really start and what we will need that we don´t have

Roberto Spadim
Spadim Technology / SPAEmpresarial

Re: lane detection / car system

David Lyon
Hi Roberto,

I have been working on one at:

 - https://bitbucket.org/djlyon/smp-driverless-car-robot/wiki/Home

The challenge is that there is a lot to such a project. I was able to source
the code for line detection and it is included.  I am working to get
it running on a mini2440 ARM based computer.

Please join in, or if you do start your own project, please post details
on it.

David

________________________________

Re: lane detection / car system

Roberto Spadim
hummm nice, how is the project today? todo list and features requests

Roberto Spadim
Spadim Technology / SPAEmpresarial

Re: lane detection / car system

David Lyon

Hi Roberto,

I just checked the Lane-Detection code and it still works. Changed computers
and I've updated some of the build scripts.

So far no feature requests and the todo list is extensive. I'll hooking it up
with stepper motors to control the steering soon. I have a test vehicle ready
to be hooked up.

David

Re: lane detection / car system

Walter Lucetti
Hi,

I'm interested in the argument, but in a more generale way.
As I know lane-detection is related mainly to automotive, instead I would like to teach my robot to follow a road that can have no limitation lines.

I found a few algorithms using SVM to classify onroad/Offroad pixels.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

The algorithm should run on a dual core Atom N450 and I would like to perform obstacle avoidance too using stereo vision...

You can found news about my project on my site:
www.robot-home.it

Cheers
Walter
+ + + + + + + + + + + + +
Walter Lucetti
www.robot-home.it
+ + + + + + + + + + + + +

-- Inviato da Galaxy Tab 7 con K-9 Mail.

David Lyon <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Hi Roberto,

I just checked the Lane-Detection code and it still works. Changed computers
and I've updated some of the build scripts.

So far no feature requests and the todo list is extensive. I'll hooking it up
with stepper motors to control the steering soon. I have a test vehicle ready
to be hooked up.

David

RE: lane detection / car system

moh moh

Hi David, can you give me the code tested for the "lane detection" ! i hope to test it.
Thanks.

To: [hidden email]

Re: lane detection / car system

Roberto Spadim
nice, i´m reading and studying more about autonomous vehicle and i think
that only vision (cameras) isn´t a good to control a car, a radar and some
others components are more secure, i´m learning with standford stanley
examples to understand better what´s the full autonomous vehicle problem
ok, for our lane detection it´s nice, i´m studying a bit you code

Roberto Spadim
Spadim Technology / SPAEmpresarial

Re: lane detection / car system

David Lyon

Download the code, install all the required packages.

https://bitbucket.org/djlyon/smp-driverless-car-robot/src/540dee27abbb/vision

In this directory, run "make".

Run "./lanefind-image Test_Images/gunma-freeway.png"

The application runs, identifies both the left and right lane markings.

________________________________

To: [hidden email]

Re: lane detection / car system

David Lyon
Hi Walter,

I haven't completed such code. I'd image a way to do it is to take a
sample of the area immediately where the road should be then work
out from there to determine road edges.

Would be nice to do it !

________________________________
I'm interested in the argument, but in a more generale way.
As I know lane-detection is related mainly to automotive, instead I would like to teach my robot to follow a road that can have no limitation lines.

I found a few algorithms using SVM to classify onroad/Offroad pixels.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

The algorithm should run on a dual core Atom N450 and I would like to perform obstacle avoidance too using stereo vision...

You can found news about my project on my site:
www.robot-home.it

Cheers
Walter
+ + + + + + + + + + + + +
Walter Lucetti
www.robot-home.it
+ + + + + + + + + + + + +

-- Inviato da Galaxy Tab 7 con K-9 Mail.

David Lyon <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

>Hi Roberto,
>
>I just checked the Lane-Detection code and it still works. Changed computers
>and I've updated some of the build scripts.
>
>So far no feature requests and the todo list is extensive. I'll hooking it up
>with stepper motors to control the steering soon. I have a test vehicle ready
>to be hooked up.
>
>David

Re: lane detection / car system

Walter Lucetti
Yes, I think I'm going to use a similar approach