openCV2 with VC++2008 under Win7 doesnt work

openCV2 with VC++2008 under Win7 doesnt work

tizschle
Hello,

i built the cv200d, cxcore200d, ... library's with CMake. I wrote a test VC++ Codefile and it compiled. When i start the program (F5) i get this message "cxcore200d.dll is missing...". How can i fix this?

I referenced the folder where the cxcore200d-library is in the project-linker-settings.

Greetings
Carsten

Re: openCV2 with VC++2008 under Win7 doesnt work

Matthias Schmieder
Hi Carsten,
Building with CMake not possible is as far as I know. You use CMake to create either a VisualStudio, Eclipse, Makefile project and then compile it with this environment. Are you sure that you compiled the binaries? Just take a look into your build directory to be sure. There should be some files with the names "cv200d.lib, cv200d.dll" and so on.

If this is the case you have done everything right but the system does not know where to find the dlls. The easiest way to get your program to work is to copy the missing dll files into the directory from where you run your application. This can get kind of ugly if you're rebuilding the opencv sources. I would recommend that you simply put the directory containing the dlls into the system path of your windows machine so that the system can find the dlls for itself.

Regards
Matthias