regions feature extraction

SAMY.IESK
Hi,all
I have a segmented image which contains the regions obtained after segmentation process. I look for an opencv function to extract the feature of the segmented image.
Any thought would be appreciated
thanks

Re: regions feature extraction

newobsorder
Which features are you talking about?
If surf suits your needs you can have a look at cvExtractSURF.
There is also cvGoodFeaturesToTrack which could help you.

--- In [hidden email], "bakheet_09" <samy.sakr@...> wrote:

> Hi,all
> I have a segmented image which contains the regions obtained after segmentation process. I look for an opencv function to extract the feature of the segmented image.
> Any thought would be appreciated
> thanks

Re: regions feature extraction

liuliu_0503

there are not too much region descriptors in opencv. however, here exists cvGetHuMoments which can get you Hu invariants.

Re: regions feature extraction

SAMY.IESK
Thanks for your interest and reply,
Myproject is to know which objects are in the image (human, animal,... atc). after I did the segmentation process of couse I need to extract features. which features do you think is the most suitable for my problem and then which OpenCV functions can help me
thanks and regards

--- In [hidden email], "newobsorder" <attwad@...> wrote:

> Which features are you talking about?
> If surf suits your needs you can have a look at cvExtractSURF.
> There is also cvGoodFeaturesToTrack which could help you.
>

> --- In [hidden email], "bakheet_09" <samy.sakr@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,all
> > I have a segmented image which contains the regions obtained after segmentation process. I look for an opencv function to extract the feature of the segmented image.
> > Any thought would be appreciated
> > thanks

Re: regions feature extraction

joinvikas_24
hey there,

I worked on a recognition for characters. And i v gone in for hu's moments. I found them very useful in recognizing characters. Dont know about your requirements though. I ve written my own functions in .NET. I ll help u out with this anytime u want.

Regards,

Vikas

--- In [hidden email], "bakheet_09" <samy.sakr@...> wrote:

> Thanks for your interest and reply,
> Myproject is to know which objects are in the image (human, animal,... atc). after I did the segmentation process of couse I need to extract features. which features do you think is the most suitable for my problem and then which OpenCV functions can help me
> thanks and regards
>

> --- In [hidden email], "newobsorder" <attwad@> wrote:
> >
> > Which features are you talking about?
> > If surf suits your needs you can have a look at cvExtractSURF.
> > There is also cvGoodFeaturesToTrack which could help you.
> >

> > --- In [hidden email], "bakheet_09" <samy.sakr@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,all
> > > I have a segmented image which contains the regions obtained after segmentation process. I look for an opencv function to extract the feature of the segmented image.
> > > Any thought would be appreciated
> > > thanks

surf

SAMY.IESK
Hi guys,
I am wondering if the features extracted using surf from some images of the same class(eg. car images) are definitely similar or nor.
Thanks and regards,

discretize color space

SAMY.IESK
Hi,ALL
I wanna  ask about the discretization of color space....
is there any openCV code for this.
any help or thought is highly appreciated
thanks in advance

Re: regions feature extraction

Boulbo
Hi SAMY,
I am working on human and dogs detection.
Please, I would like to know which features do you extract and how do you proceed??
Knowing that I need to get a fixed feature vector size to be fed to neural network.

I will be grateful if could help me .