undefined reference to symbol 'cvCreateMemStorage'

undefined reference to symbol 'cvCreateMemStorage'

x0ron
hi im new to openCV and im havuing trouble getting anything to compilei
get this error and i cant find what is wrong with it :(
-- undefined reference to symbol 'cvCreateMemStorage' --
can anyone please help me with thisThanks in advanced :D

Re: undefined reference to symbol 'cvCreateMemStorage'

Francisco Ares
It would help to get more and useful answers if you include which compiler
and platform you are using, and also which version of OpenCV, as long as if
at least any of the sample programs are able to run or not

Good luck
Francisco

--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
- George Bernard Shaw

Re: undefined reference to symbol 'cvCreateMemStorage'

x0ron
hi

im using eclipse to program and i am using the gcc/g++ compiler.

i am using ubuntu 11.10

and im not sure about the openCV version but i installed it from the repository so i think its the latest version.

if you need more information please ask :)

thank you for reading my post :D

x0ron.

--- In [hidden email], Francisco Ares <frares@...> wrote:

> It would help to get more and useful answers if you include which compiler
> and platform you are using, and also which version of OpenCV, as long as if
> at least any of the sample programs are able to run or not
>
> Good luck
> Francisco
>
> --
> "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
> and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
> one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
> - George Bernard Shaw

Re: undefined reference to symbol 'cvCreateMemStorage'

Francisco Ares
Hi

Did you try any of the sample programs? This will make us sure that the
OpenCV environment is sane.

By the way, why are you using the "old" pure C API ?  Is it really
necessary?  Is it a sample program you are trying to run?